Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32DS invalid EXECUTABLES variable in makefile

robertkalmar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I came to an issue. When I set a custom "Build Artifact" (i.e. an executable to be generated) this is not propagated to the $EXECUTABLES variable. It remains empty. Therefore the makefile rule for "size" tool (e.g. arm-none-eabi-size) is wrong and not working.

My hotfix is to edit the "Print Size" "Command line pattern" field to explicitly contain the executable. This works only in case of parallel build is turned off. As the dependency rule for size in generated makefile is still wrong,  using a parallel build the "size" is invoked before the linker generates the executable. The compilation fails.

Did I set up the compilation wrongly? Is there any way how to force the some content into $EXECUTABLES variable in generated makefile?

I am using S32DS 1.3, target processor is ARM M4 core. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Robert, 

i tried reproduce your issue, but for me is change of output name working properly and it is passed to print size/srec output. Can you please share your makefile? 

You can also try to create new workspace - the old v1.3 S32DS has some bugs. Did you try another (example or empty) project? 

Jiri

0 Kudos