S32DS generates s19 address is not the same length.how to solve it?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32DS generates s19 address is not the same length.how to solve it?

Jump to solution
jinshuaixu
Contributor V

I use s32ds to generate s19 file, but when l use s19 file to upload to s32k144, fault occur, if someone know how to solve it ,example as setting s32ds or setting s19 file to change s19 file becoming standard and uniform.please tell me the method ,thank you.

192447_192447.png1503539169.png

Original Attachment has been moved to: App_demo_attribute.s19.zip

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

you can download windows version of srec_cat here.  I don't know how many bytes do you need in one row - let's say 16. For align to 16 bytes - start windows command line (Click on Start, write cmd into search box and click on cmd in results). 

Go to folder where you unpacked zip file with srec_cat.exe. For align to 16 bytes per row write command:

srec_cat App_demo_attribute.s19 -Output_Block_Size 16 -Output_Block_Packing -output App_demo_attribute_16.s19

Result is attached. For different number of bytes just change the block size number. 

Jiri

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
文辉王
Contributor III

Hi,

I just contact the S32 compiler, would like to ask you a question, how can I set up to generate ". S19" document?

Wenhui Wang

0 Kudos
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

right click on project name -> Properties -> Settings 

pastedImage_1.png

Jiri

文辉王
Contributor III

Hi,

Sorry, I was wrong, just the way you set it is correct. thank you very much for your help.

Wenhui Wang

0 Kudos
文辉王
Contributor III

Hi,

I set it according to your method, but did not generate ".s19" file. Is not also need to set up other options?

Wenhui Wang

0 Kudos
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can find the .srec (s19) file in Debug folder inside your project:

pastedImage_1.png

Jiri

0 Kudos
文辉王
Contributor III

Hi,

pastedImage_1.png

Wenhui Wang

0 Kudos
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I tried flash your s19 file - and it is working for me. Can you share error message shown in console? SREC file is standard one. Here is procedure how to flash srec file into device - download separate elf/srec/hex file to microcontroller using S32 Design Studio

Jiri

0 Kudos
jinshuaixu
Contributor V

Hi,Kral

firstly,thank you for youy response. my s19 file is correct, but it as app file to programme to s32k144. In my project ,use boot and FLEXCAN to programme app file.

If s19 file is not align,l will calculate it to let s19 file align,my app file has 200k ,it is too much ,so it is will spend much time.if generate s19 file is align,it will be good for me.so l think ,through setting s32ds software to access my desired results. thank you.

0 Kudos
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

Erich Styger had similar issue - he solved it by srec_cat tool.

Jiri

0 Kudos
jinshuaixu
Contributor V

Hi Kral

firstly ,thank you for you response. my computer system is windows7,is not linux, l find the message you offer is too hard.is there any sample ways to solve my problem?thank you.

0 Kudos
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

you can download windows version of srec_cat here.  I don't know how many bytes do you need in one row - let's say 16. For align to 16 bytes - start windows command line (Click on Start, write cmd into search box and click on cmd in results). 

Go to folder where you unpacked zip file with srec_cat.exe. For align to 16 bytes per row write command:

srec_cat App_demo_attribute.s19 -Output_Block_Size 16 -Output_Block_Packing -output App_demo_attribute_16.s19

Result is attached. For different number of bytes just change the block size number. 

Jiri

0 Kudos
jinshuaixu
Contributor V

Hi, Kral

I am very very thank you ,you helped me a lot.It's hard to say how grateful I am to you.thank you, wish you good lucky.

0 Kudos