S32DS for S32 Platform can not start after installed

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32DS for S32 Platform can not start after installed

ZHOUMO
Contributor II

after run S32DS.3.4_b201217_win32.x86_64.exe and install finished, cannot find icon. 

In  the install path, no executable file.

1654835992214-image.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Zhou Mo,

Please provide the installation log file located in the folder shown in your image.

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

ZHOUMO
Contributor II

here is the log。

0 Kudos

mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The log file is showing that the installation did not complete successfully. The issue occurred when installing the license. The license server provided the license, but the licensing tools failed to install properly on your PC.

Here is what I suggest:

I have attached a package of files which will allow you to update the version of FNP on your machine. There is a file 'help.txt' included in the package that provides the command line instructions to be followed to do 2 things:

1) Install the updated FNP to your PC

2) Activate your S32 Design Studio license

It is important to perform both steps. By activating the S32 Design Studio license through this method, we can add the license to the trusted storage on your PC. Then, when you execute the S32 Design Studio installer, the trusted storage will be checked for a license. The license will already be present, so the activation process can be skipped by the installer and the installation can be completed successfully.

I hope that this will resolve your issue. Please let us know if you have any further difficulties.

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

ZHOUMO
Contributor II

installed, still go wrong.

1655190327629-image.png

0 Kudos

mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

From the latest log file, it appears there is some issue with permissions. Could you please confirm if the user account which is applied when the S32DS for S32 Platform is installed (123456) is a member of the Administrators group?

Best Regards,
Mike

0 Kudos

ZHOUMO
Contributor II

111.png123456 is a member of the Administrators group.

0 Kudos

ZHOUMO
Contributor II

Is there another way, like uninstall and then install? Does this software currently work on your computer?

0 Kudos

mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Zhou,

I'm not sure what you would uninstall. It is not being installed. The installer rolls back when the issue is encountered.

Is it possible you could try to install on another PC? Or perhaps a virtual machine?

We have many 1000s of customers installing and successfully using this product every month. The issue issue appears to be unique to your machine.

Perhaps there is something corrupted with the install file, could you try to download it again from NXP.com?

You might try 'Run as Administrator' before launching the installer.

The lines in the log file you provided that I am most concerned about are these:

==== License list end. ====
Command.run(): Cannot run program "C:\Users\123456\AppData\Local\Temp\790995.tmp\executeScriptTmp0.bat": CreateProcess error=5, ¾Ü¾ø·ÃÎÊ¡£
==== 32-bit license service installation log start: ====
Returned: -1
Console:
Errors:
==== 32-bit license service installation log end. ====

It should look instead, like this:

==== License list end. ====
==== 32-bit license service installation log start: ====
Returned: 0
Console:
C:\Users\123456\AppData\Local\Temp\I1651063643\Windows>cd "C:\Users\123456\AppData\Local\Temp\482522.tmp\cll\i86"

C:\Users\123456\AppData\Local\Temp\482522.tmp\cll\i86>cllSvrUtility.exe -installService LAXCompiler

Errors:
==== 32-bit license service installation log end. ====

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

ZHOUMO
Contributor II

I fixed this problem because the path to the cmd.exe referenced is incorrect and needs to be changed in the environment variable.

0 Kudos

adamhe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

may i know what have you change in environment variable?

0 Kudos