S32DS_How to setup the evironment for K1 on S32DS3.4 without access to the internet_FC

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32DS_How to setup the evironment for K1 on S32DS3.4 without access to the internet_FC

Jump to solution
Fidel
Contributor IV

Hello,

Recently I had a requirement that I need to help someone else to setup environment for S32K116 on S32DS3.4 version on their own intranet PC,without access to the internet. I operated with the same steps just like what I did when I set up on my own computer ,which with access to the internet . but after the whole operation , I found some packages were not installed successfully, and the S32DS3.4 cannot work well, with some errors below.

Fidel_2-1666445558463.pngFidel_3-1666445570725.png

then I also operate just like the below link descripts, although some missed packages installed succesfully, but the error on the 1st picture is stille exits, which poped up when I dobule clipped the S32DS CT. 

How to quick setup S32K1 SDK in S32DS - NXP Community

so questions as below:

1.anyone can tell me where the issue locates and what is the correct operation to setup the development environment for K116 on S32DS3.4 on the PC within a privite company intranet?;

2. if without access to the internet , can I set up the whole development environment successfully on S32DS3.4, no matter for K1xx or K3xx? and if so, then how can I achieve that? and if that is the same with the operations with internet access right?

thanks a lot~

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Fidel,

You are correct, it is best to use the .zip file with S32DS.

For the document, there is the release notes provided with the RTD download package.

SW32K1_RTD_4.4_1.0.1_D2202_ReleaseNotes.pdf

Best Regards,

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, please provide the installation and workspace log files.

C:\NXP\S32DS.3.4\_S32 Design Studio for S32 Platform 3.4_installation\Logs

C:\Users\<userid>\workspaceS32DS.3.4

Could you please identify which packages didn't install correctly?

All packages are available for offline install. If you will login to your account on nxp.com, then proceed all the way into your SW account where you see the page 'Product List', then click this link: https://nxp.flexnetoperations.com/control/frse/download?agree=Accept&element=12367047

You should be taken to the download page for S32DS 3.4 where you can download the following package:

image.png

Then from S32DS Extensions and Updates menu inside S32 Design Studio, you can use the 'Add Update Sites' to add the archive which was previously downloaded. Then missing packages should be available for install.

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
Fidel
Contributor IV

I install K1 RTD 1.0.1 on the S32DS3.4 update3 version, and it is OK now , for the RTD 1.0.0 Version , I tried many times , all failed , so at last I give up.

and I sitll have a question , what is the difference between the version of  RTD .exe and RTD.zip?

cause , when I insteall the 1.0.0 version , I used the pancakge of RTD.exe. but for 1.0.1version , I used the package of RTD.zip. 

0 Kudos
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @Fidel,

The .exe is standalone version. It can be used with any IDE.

The .zip is the S32 Design Studio integration package. It includes extra items to support the S32 Configuration Tools (Pins, Clocks, Peripherals, etc.)

Hope that helps,

Mike

0 Kudos
Fidel
Contributor IV

So that means  both versions can work very well with S32DS if the versions comply with each other ,right?

0 Kudos
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @Fidel,

It seems I was not very clear.

The .exe file is for use when you are using any IDE (besides S32 Design Studio).

The .zip file is for use when you are using S32 Design Studio, it will not work with any other IDE. It contains everything the .exe file has plus the support for the S32 Configuration Tools and other integration support (like for new project wizard, etc.)

Of course you could try to use the .exe with S32 Design Studio, but you would have much work to do in order to make use of it as it is missing all of the integration content of the .zip file.

Hope that helps,

Mike

0 Kudos
Fidel
Contributor IV

Hi Mike,

I think what you said has made my mind very clear , and I think that is why I met some issue on customer site , cause I used .exe worked wity S32DS. So in other words ,  in future , if I want want to use  the RTD , I MUST use the .zip version with the S32DS , that is right?

moreover , if there is any document  talks about the devolop enviroment setup concretelly? including but not limiting  what you said just now. thanks a lot~ 

0 Kudos
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Fidel,

You are correct, it is best to use the .zip file with S32DS.

For the document, there is the release notes provided with the RTD download package.

SW32K1_RTD_4.4_1.0.1_D2202_ReleaseNotes.pdf

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
Fidel
Contributor IV

Hi Mike,

got it , thanks a lot~

0 Kudos
Fidel
Contributor IV

Hi Mikes,

Cause it happened on my customer site , so I will upload what you need later and try what you said , thanks a lot~

0 Kudos