S32DS Debug Error: "Error in services launch sequence. Failed to launch GDB server."

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32DS Debug Error: "Error in services launch sequence. Failed to launch GDB server."

linachong
Contributor I

Hello,

Now I am working on S32K114 EVB + S32DS for ARM V1.2. The SDK  0.8.1 has also been installed on my computer.

When I connected the EVB to computer via USB port and tried to debug the sample given by the SDK, it failed with an error.

For example, I created a Project from S32DS : File > New > New Project From.. > blinking_LED-s32ds-gcc, and successfully finished the "Build Project" and "Debug Configurations" process, if then I click "Debug", an Error are shown as follows:

157916_157916.jpgerror.jpg

The S32DS is running under Win7 32bit, and the Debug configurations and EVB hardware information are as follows:

157917_157917.jpg1.jpg

157918_157918.jpg2.jpg

157919_157919.pngpastedImage_3.png

In addition, even if I create an empty project by "File > New > New S32DS Project" and do "Debug", the same Error occurs.

Have anyone met such problem, and could give some suggestions?

Many thanks!

Zhao

Labels (2)
5 Replies

uditsalunke
Contributor III

I am facing same issue with S32DS but its with devkit MPC5748G. Zhao, can you share what got your problem solved if its solved? 

0 Kudos

nxppower912935
Contributor IV

Hi,

I had a similar situation, but in the Debugger Config, I needed to sign-up (license) and enter my E-Mail to enable the feature.

Did you resolve the issue in the meantime, Zhao?

Regards,

Ludwig

0 Kudos

uditsalunke
Contributor III

hello Ludwig,

I didn't got exactly what you mean by  I needed to sign-up (license). is there any license file to be added? if so where to get it from ... P&E?

I did registered it by e-mail from Debugger Interface selection but didn't came across any license. 

Udit 

nxppower912935
Contributor IV

Hi Udit,

yes sure I can explain.

Basically, for the very first time I was in the tab Debugger, there was an additional exclamation mark sign (yellow) asking for registration. I entered my E-Mail and it disappeared while enabling the feature. 

Initially, I had the same error as Zhao '...failed to launch GDB server...' so that I why I investigated and after registration under the Debugger tab, the error message disappeared.

Voila_Capture 2016-09-26_10-42-15_pm.png

Best regards and good luck.

Ludwig

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Zhao,

usually it means that a GDB client or server process is hanging around. See https://mcuoneclipse.com/2015/05/18/gdb-client-and-server-unlocking-gdb/ . Otherwise have a look at https://mcuoneclipse.com/2014/11/03/debugging-failure-check-list-and-hints/  for general tips.

I hope this helps,

Erich