cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32 Design Studio for ARM Version 2018.R1: Diassembly view debugging issue

bhagyashriratho
Contributor I

Hi,

We are using S32K146 controller with GHS compiler and S32 Design Studio for ARM Version 2018.R1 IDE for debugger. We hare having some queries mentioned below:

1) We facing issue in debugging disassembly file, it is not taking any break point is assembly file

2) We unable to map custom memory map to .bss section, we are using #pragma for memory mappin. Could you please share sample linker file?

Regards,

Bhagyashri

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

gokulavarma_gan
Contributor II

Can U please share the build environment of s32k144 using GHS

0 Kudos

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

1) I assume you are trying to debug code compiled with GHS toolchain in S32DS for ARM by GDB (Pemicro or Segger).

Unfortunately this setup is not recommended since there are some difficulties for GDB client/server to interpret GHS elf file.

See more information about this problem in the S32DS release notes - Appendix A. Known issues and Workarounds:

".... Problems could be experienced while debugging of elf file generated by GHS compiler like missing call stack information, incorrect info on step into function, etc...."

https://community.nxp.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/340190-2-422486/S32DS_ARM_2018.R1_Release_Not...

The recommended approach is to debug GHS elf with Lauterbach probe + TRACE32 plugin.

There is one known workaround I'm aware of which might help - https://community.nxp.com/thread/438644#comment-850410 

2) IMO this is a question specific to GHS linker file. I'd recommend you to see "Building Applications for
Embedded ARM" manual, section "Assigning Data to Custom Program Sections in C" and "Defining a Section Map with the SECTIONS Directive"

Hope it helps.

Stan

0 Kudos