S32 Design Studio for ARM 2.2 activation fails (online + offline + licfix)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32 Design Studio for ARM 2.2 activation fails (online + offline + licfix)

Jump to solution
Drmn
Contributor I

Hi,

This morning (12/202021) I downloaded s32 Design Studio, "Version 2.2" and received an activation code email, but cannot get the product to successfully activate under Windows 10. 

Online activation attempts fail with: "Error sending an activation request to a remote activation server and processing the resulting response. com.acresso.activation.handler.ServerException (FNP error 0)"

I confirmed TLS 1.2 is enabled, following some potentially outdated advice (applicable to older OS versions)

Offline activation attempts fail with: "Invalid offline response, ResponseType FAILURE" . Note this is a slightly different error message than reported to require the 'licfix.zip' workaround (in which ResponseType is blank), but I tried it anyway, with identical results.

In both cases, the offline activation XML provides little detail as to what went wrong:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?><Response xmlns="http://www.macrovision.com/fnp/2004/11/activation"><ResponseHeader><VersionNumber>1</VersionNumber><ResponseType>FAILURE</ResponseType><RequestSequenceNumber>2</RequestSequenceNumber><RequestHash>6234B74D29CF53542DA4DC2B7AFD9541F6AD35EC</RequestHash></ResponseHeader><ResponseData><ResponseReason>ERROR</ResponseReason><ErrorCode>com.acresso.activation.handler.ServerException</ErrorCode></ResponseData><Signature>66955672A0D39341B373B9299B691A6D0BC51CB1</Signature><SignatureVersion>1</SignatureVersion></Response>

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Drmn
Contributor I

Hi,

It is now solved, thanks to this random webforum posted I googled up: https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32-Design-Studio/S32-design-studio-license-activation-fails-online-and...

In short: Offline(!) activation was failing due to a corporate policy that prohibits two active network adapters at a time (i.e. automatically disables laptop Wifi when docked to a wired network), causing 1 of 12 entries listed under "Network Adapters" (Windows Device Manager) to show a little "downward pointing arrow" hieroglyphic on it. Momentarily undocking the laptop and regenerating the request.xml got it to work. Apparently a "missing" adapter is fine, only a present-but-disabled one is a problem. It does not seem to matter that other physical adapters (with e.g. their own MAC addresses) are present.

(Our corporate network is pretty restrictive, so I'm not surprised that *online* activation failed inscrutably, but this scenario for *offline* activation seems like it would be suitably common and unexpected to warrant some kind of note about it in the installer!)

In case it is helpful to fixing this issue, it appears if a disabled network adapter is present the values of the (UniqueMachineNumber) entries in the request.xml are left blank. In the successful request (generated with no disabled adapters), at least the "Type 2" UniqueMachineNumber entry had a value populated. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @Drmn ,

Looking at your account, it seems you succeeded in activating via the offline method. Is the issue now solved?

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
Drmn
Contributor I

Hi,

It is now solved, thanks to this random webforum posted I googled up: https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32-Design-Studio/S32-design-studio-license-activation-fails-online-and...

In short: Offline(!) activation was failing due to a corporate policy that prohibits two active network adapters at a time (i.e. automatically disables laptop Wifi when docked to a wired network), causing 1 of 12 entries listed under "Network Adapters" (Windows Device Manager) to show a little "downward pointing arrow" hieroglyphic on it. Momentarily undocking the laptop and regenerating the request.xml got it to work. Apparently a "missing" adapter is fine, only a present-but-disabled one is a problem. It does not seem to matter that other physical adapters (with e.g. their own MAC addresses) are present.

(Our corporate network is pretty restrictive, so I'm not surprised that *online* activation failed inscrutably, but this scenario for *offline* activation seems like it would be suitably common and unexpected to warrant some kind of note about it in the installer!)

In case it is helpful to fixing this issue, it appears if a disabled network adapter is present the values of the (UniqueMachineNumber) entries in the request.xml are left blank. In the successful request (generated with no disabled adapters), at least the "Type 2" UniqueMachineNumber entry had a value populated. 

0 Kudos
LeoWade
Contributor I

Thanks for your solution,when I delete my disabled network adapter,online activation works!

0 Kudos