cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32 DS for PA Version 2.1 install failure

Daniel_Wax
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

mikedoidge   My customer  is having issues with this newer version of S32 Design Studio

They are trying to install it in a windows server (2012 R2 (VM),) hosted on the VM. The server is their build machine and they have a previous installation of S32 (v2017.R1 and v1.2) on the same server installed successfully.

running the  installer as an administrator does not seem to make a difference.  There are JAva exceptions but then there are other issues too.

Please see attached logs.

Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

alexeyshuginin
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I suspect that Trusted Storage (used for Flexera protection) is corrupted and need to re-init.

In short – delete C:\ProgramData\FLEXNet.

Useful links: related JIRA and TS location

Log contains:

==== License activation log start: ====

#

# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:

#

#  EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x71d08c19, pid=276, tid=0x00000168

# Problematic frame:

# C  [cll_app.dll+0x18c19]

Thank you,

Alexey.

0 Kudos

mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Daniel,

I would suggest that they check that the previous version was completely uninstalled. I assume correctly that they used the included uninstaller to do it and didn't just delete the directory?

It looks a lot like it thinks the tool was already installed or a previous installation is blocking access to the new installer. Did they make several attempts? It could be that evidence of the original cause of the issue is clouded by additional issues from subsequent attempts.

Mike

0 Kudos

Daniel_Wax
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

mikedoidge

I had them remove all old installations and then try to reinstall 2.1.  This also failed.

Hello Daniel,

As instructed, I removed all the previous installations for S32 including any remaining files and tried installing v2.1. I see the installation errors out and v2.1 cannot be installed. I have attached logs for reference (2 attempts were made for installation).

Let us know, if you need any additional information.

0 Kudos

Daniel_Wax
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thanks Mike!!

SENT FROM PHONE

Daniel Wax | Field Applications Engineer Automotive

NXP Semiconductors

411 E Plumeria Dr

San Jose, CA 95134

office: 408-518-5533

mobile: 408-981-9220

daniel.wax@nxp.com<mailto:daniel.wax@nxp.com>

All types of technical support (Schematic review, layout review, software review, hardware board and software) provided

by NXP Field application team are subject to NXP's general Terms and Conditions unless superseded by a direct contract.

The information contained in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged. The message is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, or reproduction is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by return e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

Unless otherwise recorded in a written agreement, all sales transactions by NXP Semiconductors are subject to our general terms and conditions of commercial sale<http://www.nxp.com/about/our-terms-and-conditions-of-commercial-sale:TERMSCONDITIONSSALE?fsrch=1&sr=1&pageNum=1>.

0 Kudos