S32 DS for ARM v2.2 installation rolls back after entering activation code

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32 DS for ARM v2.2 installation rolls back after entering activation code

andyknitt
Contributor II

I am trying to install S32 Design Studio for ARM version 2.2 on Windows 10 and after entering the activation code it says that it is rolling back the installation and then exits.

I have tried the solutions posted here (delete TMP environment variable) and here  (delete 'C:\ProgramData\FLEXNet') with no success.  

I do have administrator privileges on the PC in question.  The installation log is attached.  

If anyone can advise what I need to do to install I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Andy

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
17 Replies

andyknitt
Contributor II

@mikedoidge  thanks for the reply.  The instructions on the page you linked are for the 2018 version.  I'm not seeing an offline activation method choice when trying to install version 2.2 (see screenshot below).  Is there a different way to do offline activation with 2.2?

Andy

andyknitt_0-1617035347469.png

0 Kudos

mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @andyknitt,

I'm sorry for all the problems. We noticed there is an error log file identified in the installation log file you provided which should contain some more insight into the issue. Could you please provide the following log file?

C:\Users\knitta\AppData\Local\Temp\I1616697163\Windows\hs_err_pid20544.log

We will continue to investigate this issue with you until we can solve it. 

Thanks,

Mike

andyknitt
Contributor II

That entire temp directory appears to get deleted during the "rollback" process.  I watched the contents of the temp directory during the install process and the attached hs_err_pid16548.log file was generate right about when the "Enter Software Activation Code" dialog popped up.  The remaining two log files were generated after I entered the activation code.  

0 Kudos

mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @andyknitt,

One more item, could you please check the details on the following file:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FlexNet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe"

mikedoidge_0-1617212504936.png

We are interested to know the version, in case it is different:

mikedoidge_1-1617212548848.png

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos

andyknitt
Contributor II

andyknitt_0-1617224360663.png

0 Kudos

mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @andyknitt,

We reviewed the files you sent and the image of the version of FNPLicensingService.exe. We noticed that the version of FNPLicensingService.exe is newer than the one supplied by S32 Design Studio installer. Though this may appear to be a small difference in version, it could easily cause the issue. Also, we think it is consistent with the error details in the log files you sent.

Here is our proposal:

Rename the file FNPLicensingService.exe, then again try the install of S32 Design Studio. The version of FNPLicensingService.exe supplied by the S32 Design Studio installer will then be placed in the folder next to the one you renamed. This will hopefully resolve the issue and you will be able to complete the installation.

If this solves the issue, we may consider updating to a newer version of the FNPLicensingService.exe in a future release.

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

andyknitt
Contributor II

I found the EXE you mentioned in this location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FlexNet Publisher

I renamed it and attempted reinstallation but it still rolled back at the same point in the process.  After the attempted install a new copy of FNPLicensingService.exe was present in the location mentioned above, so it would appear that the installer would have been using the version that it placed there.

Please let me know what else I can try to get this installed.

Thanks,

Andy

0 Kudos

mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @andyknitt ,

The option to select between Online and Offline activation type is presented after you enter the Software Activation Code.

These steps are also covered in the 'S32DS_ARM_Installation_Guide.pdf', which is available on the Flexera site when you download the installer file.

mikedoidge_0-1617049248672.png

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

andyknitt
Contributor II

@mikedoidge as soon as I enter the activation code and click "OK" it says it's rolling back.  I never get to the point where it asks about online via offline activation. Anything else I can try?

Andy

0 Kudos

mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

@andyknitt ,

When we've encountered that issue in the past, the step to delete 'C:\ProgramData\FLEXNet' has always worked. Could you try it again?

Do you have any other versions of S32 DS for ARM installed?

Mike

0 Kudos

andyknitt
Contributor II

Yes, I've done that with no luck (just tried again).  I've renamed the FlexNet folder to something else temporarily.

I used to have S32 DS v2018.R1 installed but it's been uninstalled.  A folder for that installation still exists in my NXP directory but it's mostly empty.  Perhaps some remnants of that installation are causing issues somewhere? 

0 Kudos

mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @andyknitt,

We've identified another possible issue. It seems the installer log file identifies multiple Java versions. Is it possible to disable the others, or temporarily remove them from PATH or other system variables during the installation time?

Comments from our product engineers:

In the log I also can see three Java versions – may their mix make a conflict/misconfig?

java.library.path             == C:\Users\knitta\AppData\Local\Temp\I1616697163\Windows\resource\jre\bin;

C:\WINDOWS\Sun\Java\bin;

C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;

“License list start” where the exception appears, is related to the first native call from Java to CLL library; I suppose native function calls are very sensitive to configuration, so we can recommend to disable other Javas for installation time.

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

andyknitt
Contributor II

I'm not exactly sure which Java you want me to keep.

I removed C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath from my PATH and also changed the folder name just to be sure.

C:\WINDOWS\Sun\Java\bin doesn't appear to actually exist.  

C:\Users\knitta\AppData\Local\Temp\I1616697163\Windows\resource\jre\bin also doesn't exist (at least not anymore)

With those changes, still getting the same result.

0 Kudos

mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @andyknitt,

Is it correct that when you had 2018.R1, it installed and you were able to use it without issues? (issues that would prevent it's use, that is)?

If so, could you try to reinstall it? If you experience the same issue as you do now with v2.2, then this would imply some local IT change which is impacting the function of the FlexLM services we use for licensing our product.

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

andyknitt
Contributor II

Yes that's correct.  I just tried reinstalling 2018.R1 and am running into the same issue...after entering the license key it immediately rolls back the installation.  

0 Kudos

mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @andyknitt,

I'm checking with our product engineers on this. I'll provide an update when we have something.

Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @andyknitt,

Are you using the online or offline activation method? These methods are described in detail here. If you are using the online activation method, could you try using the offline method instead and see if you experience the same issue?

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos