cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about the IAR Eclipse Plug-in in S32DS

Jump to solution
Contributor III

Hi,team

I compared the running status of the same piece of code in the S32DS environment with and without IAR plug-in. The running status of this piece of code in the S32DS environment without IAR plug-in was OK, but in the S32DS environment with IAR plug-in, this piece of code could not run normally, and directly entered the hardware interrupt.So I did another test where I blocked some of the code (as long as it didn't interfere with the program) and it worked in the S32DS environment with the IAR plug-in.I looked at the generated. Hex file, which showed my code was 0x04D0, so there should be no problem with too much code and insufficient compilation space.It is the first time for me to use the IAR Eclipse Plug-in and I have no experience. Could you please help to solve this problem?

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_1.png

附加:

1、S32DS版本:S32DS_ARM_v2018.R1

2、IAR版本:IAR embadded workbench for arm V8.5

3、SDK版本:S32SDK_S32K1xx_RTM_3.0.0

4、S32DS“IAR Eclipse plug-in ”安装详细:

pastedImage_1.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thanks for additional information. Is it a code based on s32 SDK?

If yes you can you compare:

<S32DS_ARM_v2018.R1>\S32DS\S32SDK_S32K1xx_RTM_3.0.0\examples\S32K148\demo_apps\hello_world_iar

vs.

c:\NXP\S32DS_ARM_v2018.R1\S32DS\S32SDK_S32K1xx_RTM_3.0.0\examples\S32K146\demo_apps\hello_world

I'll try to reproduce the behavior on our side. Plese let me know how you created the project. If there is a custom code could you please post it? If it is confidential I'd suggest you to create a service request:

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-329745 

Stan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

I'm not sure what you mean by "with and without IAR plug-in "

Without the IAR plugin you cannot build/debug S32DS projects created for IAR toolchain. 

Are you comparing project/example generated for GCC compiler vs. IAR compiler?

Could you post entire zipped projects? one that causes HardFault Exception and the other one which is fine?

This will help us to resolve the issue much faster.

Thanks!

Stan

0 Kudos
Contributor III

I'm very sorry that I can't provide the compressed package of the whole project. The reason is that our computer has encryption software and has no permission to send out data.I have compared project/example generated for GCC compiler and IAR compiler. The project/example generated for GCC compiler can run normally, but the project/example generated for IAR compiler failed to run.That causes HardFault Exception.The two contrast examples are running the same code. The difference is GCC compiler vs. IAR compiler.So I ran another set of tests in which I ran a failed project (with IAR Compiler) and deleted some of the code (provided that it didn't affect the code), as shown in the HEX file above, and the firmware size was within 0x04D0, the project would run successfully.

0 Kudos
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thanks for additional information. Is it a code based on s32 SDK?

If yes you can you compare:

<S32DS_ARM_v2018.R1>\S32DS\S32SDK_S32K1xx_RTM_3.0.0\examples\S32K148\demo_apps\hello_world_iar

vs.

c:\NXP\S32DS_ARM_v2018.R1\S32DS\S32SDK_S32K1xx_RTM_3.0.0\examples\S32K146\demo_apps\hello_world

I'll try to reproduce the behavior on our side. Plese let me know how you created the project. If there is a custom code could you please post it? If it is confidential I'd suggest you to create a service request:

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-329745 

Stan

0 Kudos
Contributor III

Hi, Sliva

Thank you for your answer, I have solved my problem.

0 Kudos