Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program "gcc" not found in PATH

kaden
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I am trying to migrate a project which was originally made in S32DS for PA Version 2017.R to S32DS for PA Version 2.1.

I corrected all relevant paths accordingly, but when I try to build the project I get the error message "Program "gcc" not found in PATH". I checked the PATH variable in "Properties -> C/C++ Build -> Environment" and everything seems to be fine.

I also checked the settings in "Properties -> C/C++ Build -> Settings -> Cross Settings" (see attached Screenshot) and I wonder where the ${VLE_TOOLCHAIN_DIR} variable is defined in the project?

Can someone relate to this problem and tell me what I might need to check further?

I would be glad about any suggestions that might help me out. Also, if additional information is required I'd be glad to provide it.

Thanks in advance.

BR

Kevin

2 Replies

kaden
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jiri,

thanks for you reply.

I tried to follow the instructions given in the migration guide as you suggested. Unfortunately it did not solve my problem. I still can't build the project.

I provided a screenshot of the errors and warnings I get after attempting to build the project.

I noticed that the error message "Program "gcc" not found in PATH" tells me that the location of the error is in "[Discovery Options] page in project properties". But project properties does not show me this page. Seems to be gone in the newer version of S32DS for PA?

I appreciate your help.

BR

Kevin

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kevin, 

for new S32DS for PA were build tools moved into different folder. More details you can find here S32 Design Studio for Power Architecture v2.1 Migration Guide 

Hope it helps. 

Jiri 

0 Kudos