cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem of the EmbSys Registers of S32D when debug the FlexPWM

maxlee
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm trying to debug the FlexPWM of MPC5744P with S32D 2017.R1, I want to see the registers about FlexPWM, so I used "EmbSys Registers" to check those registers, but I found something wrong, following pictrues shown my code and some registers:

微信图片_20180321161054.png微信图片_20180321161101.png

You can see the value of FlexPWM0_INIT_sub0 is 0xE0C0, but the value displayed by the EmbSys Registers is 0x0000, and this problem also happened on other registers which are adjacent. 

But the function of the code is realized, so what happened about the IDE or something else?

Thanks for any assistance.

Best regards,

Max Lee

Labels (2)
4 Replies

pierre_theron
Contributor III

I have the same problem. It looks like an Endian problem as these registers are 16 bit and all the flexPWM registers are swopped. The processor is Big Endian, compiler and assembler is also set-up for Big Endian and the header file is Big Endian, but the alignment looks like to be Little Endian. If I write to a register manually in Embsys registers View the value changes and the value is correct if I move my mouse over the value in the code, but if the value is changed in the code it changes the wrong register.

Regards,

Pierre

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pierre, 

I can reproduce your issue - thanks for report. It looks that this is only view issue, project itself is working okay. There is already created bug ticket. 

Jiri 

0 Kudos

kagoshi
Contributor I

We are in 2021. Have you actually already done something about this? I see exactly the same problem still in the latest version of SD32

0 Kudos

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Max,

Could you try to enter a value into SUB0_INIT manually in Embsys registers View?

BR,

Stan

0 Kudos