Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PE Multilink issue when install and debug with S32

Jump to solution
yuehedeng
Contributor III

Hi,

My computer is win7-64bit. When I install s32 V1.0 for power pc, the last step is PE multilink driver installing, and it came up an error pop-up. The msg is shown as below.

WDREG utility v11.7.0. Build Oct 26 2014 09:21:13
Log from Fri Oct 14 09:19:00 2016

Command line: d:\Freescale\S32_Power_v1.0\Drivers\PnE\Drivers_12_2_0\windriver\wdreg_gui.exe -inf d:\Freescale\S32_Power_v1.0\Drivers\PnE\Drivers_12_2_0\windriver\windrvr6.inf -log d:\Freescale\S32_Power_v1.0\Drivers\PnE\Drivers_12_2_0\windriver\windrvr6_install.log install

Processing HWID *WINDRVR6
Trying to create virtual device
Installing a signed driver package for *WINDRVR6
Error: Failed to install the INF file (d:\Freescale\S32_Power_v1.0\Drivers\PnE\Drivers_12_2_0\windriver\windrvr6.inf)

Please verify your driver is signed or disable Windows driver signature enforcement.

LOG ok: 1, ENTER: DriverPackageInstallA
LOG ok: 1, ENTER: DriverPackageInstallW
LOG ok: 1, Looking for Model Section [DeviceList.NTamd64]...
LOG ok: 1, Installing INF file 'd:\Freescale\S32_Power_v1.0\Drivers\PnE\Drivers_12_2_0\windriver\windrvr6.inf' (Plug and Play).
LOG ok: 1, Looking for Model Section [DeviceList.NTamd64]...
LOG ok: 1, Installing devices with Id "*WINDRVR6" using INF "C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\windrvr6.inf_amd64_neutral_cf1867c43a919695\windrvr6.inf".
LOG ok: 1, ENTER UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices...
LOG ERROR(3): error e0000234, RETURN UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices.
LOG ERROR(3): error e0000234, Installation failed.
LOG ERROR(3): error e0000234, PnP Install failed.
LOG ok: 1, Attempting to rollback ...
LOG ok: 1, No devices to rollback
LOG ok: 1, RETURN: DriverPackageInstallW (0xE0000234)
LOG ok: 1, RETURN: DriverPackageInstallA (0xE0000234)
difx_install_preinstall_inf: err e0000234, last event 3, last error e0000234. ERROR_DRIVER_NONNATIVE
Error: Failed trying to install the driver
STATUS_FAILURE

Luckily, I still can install the PE multilink driver via computer device manager.

165956_165956.PNGdriver.PNG

But when I tried to debug my project with S32, it still can't recognize Multilink. Every time I click refresh, then pegdbserver_power_console.exe stops working.

165957_165957.PNGpegdbser.PNG

Could anyone give me a hand about this issue?

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
1 Solution
yuehedeng
Contributor III

Martin, other computers can install s32 successfully. So I reinstall win7 operation system, and it works. Now I can use s32 and multilink successfully.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I strongly recommend you to use S32Design Studio for Power Architecture version 1.1. Many bugs are fixed in this version. Could you please try install this version and check, if there is the same problem with PE Micro drivers during the installation?

From your post it seems, there could be some driver conflict. Please try install new version of S32DS and if it does not help, download the drivers directly from PE Micro website and try to install it independently (I am sorry that I cannot provide you URL address, but PE Micro website is down right now).

If any of the points mentioned above will not help you, run gdb server manually. Executable file is placed in S32DS installation folder /Cross_Tolls/powerpc-eabivle-4_9/bin.

Manual start of gdb could provide us more information about issue (in case there will be problem).

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos
yuehedeng
Contributor III

Hi Martin, install V1.1 doesn't help. Still fail during PE multilink driver installing when install V1.1...

Sart gdb by exe powerpc-eabivle-gdb.exe? The dos msg shown as below:

GNU gdb (GDB) 7.8.2
Copyright (C) 2014 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. Type "show copying"
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-mingw32 --target=powerpc-eabivle".
Type "show configuration" for configuration details.
For bug reporting instructions, please see:
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/>.
Find the GDB manual and other documentation resources online at:
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/documentation/>.
For help, type "help".
Type "apropos word" to search for commands related to "word".
(gdb)

0 Kudos
martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

sorry about gdb I asked in the previous post. I gave you incorrect path to gdb server. The utility you run is gdb client, not gdb server. I consulted your issue with my colleague and the question about gdb is not relevant.

So please do the process I wrote you in my last answer and let me know, if it works.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos
yuehedeng
Contributor III

Martin, other computers can install s32 successfully. So I reinstall win7 operation system, and it works. Now I can use s32 and multilink successfully.

Thank you.

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

OK it seems, you are able to run gdb server manually. But it is strange, you are not able to install PE micro drivers. Could you please try to install S32 Design Studio to another computer and write me, if you have the same problem?

As I wrote in my previous post, incorrect drivers installation could be caused by many ways and I am not able to tell if there is something wrong with your operating system or if there is some driver conflict.

If you do not have another device for testing, please use some virtualization tool like VMware, install clear operating  system and try to install Design Studio. This could help us a lot.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos