Not running compile executable in S32V234. Crash APEX_Init()

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not running compile executable in S32V234. Crash APEX_Init()

jorge_barrio
Contributor I

I have this development board: SBC-S32V234: S32V Vision and Sensor Fusion Evaluation Board.

I have compiled code using the latest IDE available: S32DS_Vision_v2018.R1.

Executing code in the actual board using apex2_add_TEST_A53_Remote_Linux. It crashes while debugging when trying to execute APEX_Init() function. It also crashes if I tried to execute the same program on the actual board through ssh.

I wonder if I missed some special configuration for this development board in relation to APEX cores. 

This is the message I got in the Debugger Console:

GNU gdb (GDB build.sh rev=g924fb68 s=L631 -i /opt/freescale Xarmv8 -V release_g924fb68_build_Fed_Xarmv8 (BLD = 1574)) 7.12.1
Copyright (C) 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. Type "show copying"
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-w64-mingw32 --target=aarch64-linux-gnu".
Type "show configuration" for configuration details.
For bug reporting instructions, please see:
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/>.
Find the GDB manual and other documentation resources online at:
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/documentation/>.
For help, type "help".
Type "apropos word" to search for commands related to "word".
warning: Unable to find dynamic linker breakpoint function.
GDB will be unable to debug shared library initializers
and track explicitly loaded dynamic code.
0x0000007fbf6d2ec0 in ?? ()
warning: Could not load shared library symbols for 13 libraries, e.g. /lib/libopencv_core.so.3.1.
Use the "info sharedlibrary" command to see the complete listing.
Do you need "set solib-search-path" or "set sysroot"?

Temporary breakpoint 2, main () at ../A53_test/src/main_test.cpp:37
37 APEX_Init();

Program terminated with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
The program no longer exists.

Thanks in advance for your help 

0 Kudos
4 Replies

mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello jorge.barrio@animal-dynamics.com‌,

We have migrated our support for the S32V234 device from the S32 Design Studio for Vision to the S32 Design Studio v3.1. Please install this version per our recent announcement: S32 Design Studio 3.1 (Windows/Linux) released! Then install the Vision Extension Package for S32V2xx v.1.0.0 from within the S32DS Extensions and Updates menu. this is where we are providing the latest support for S32V234 device. Soon, we will release an update to the S32V234 support which will allow the Vision Extension Package for the S32 Design Studio v3.2 and will update to the latest version of the Vision SDK.

As for your issue with debugging through the APEX_Init() function, which debug probe are you using? Currently, only the S32 Debugger with S32 Debug Probe and the Lauterbach TRACE32 are supported for debugging the APEX2 core. If you are using anything else it will crash.

Also, you should see the document HOWTO: Start Debug on an APEX2 Application Project with S32 Debugger and S32 Debug Probe to learn some of the steps required for debugging on APEX2 core. Some steps may not be intuitive and could result in an unexpected crash.

Hope it helps,

Mike

0 Kudos

jorge_barrio
Contributor I

mikedoidge‌ Thanks for your reply and guidance.

I have updated S32 Design Studio to the latest version available which is v3.2.

I have also added some of the patches recommended: 

1. NXP_GNU_eARMv7_b1620_g01b30c3 - Windows(REV build 1620 )

2. Vision Extension Package for S32V2xx v.1.0.0(REV 3.1)

However now when I compile some examples I get an error when compiling the APU part of the code. The error indicates that the license check was unsuccessful. 

Please have a look at the error message obtained:

22:12:42 **** Incremental Build of configuration APU for project apex2_fast9 ****
make all
Building file: ../APU_gen/src/FAST9COLOR.cpp
Invoking: APU C++ Compiler
clang "@APU_gen/src/FAST9COLOR.args" -MMD -MP -MF"APU_gen/src/FAST9COLOR.d" -MT"APU_gen/src/FAST9COLOR.o" -o "APU_gen/src/FAST9COLOR.o" "../APU_gen/src/FAST9COLOR.cpp"
clang.exe: error: License check failed. Feature not found (S32-DS-VISION_v2.0, Activated, 2.0).
make: *** [APU_gen/src/subdir.mk:23: APU_gen/src/FAST9COLOR.o] Error 1

22:12:43 Build Finished (took 1s.647ms)

I guess there must be some license check failing. I would really appreciate if you or somebody else could help me with this problem.

Thank you.

Jorge

0 Kudos

jorge_barrio
Contributor I

This is a screenshot with the active license at the moment.

License.png

0 Kudos

mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jorge,

Did you really install this to the S32 Design Studio v3.2 or was it v3.1? The Vision Extension Package for S32V2xx v.1.0.0 should be installed to S32 Design Studio v3.1. We have not updated it for v3.2 yet. The error you are seeing could be due to this incorrect combination.

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos