cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating from 3.0.0 to 4.01 freezing

Jump to solution
DenisT1980
Contributor III

I have a project in S32DS ARM 2.2 and i have tried to migrate to 4.0.1.

In SDS32 3.4 I choose File → Import → General → Existing Projects into Workspace to copy the project made in S32DS for ARM Version 2.2 in the corresponding workspace for S32DS for S32 Platform 3.4.

Then i have tried to migrate this project to new platform: File→ Migrate→ Migrate SDS for S32K146 from [3.0.0] to [4.0.1].

And the DS freezes at step „Remove unsupported SDK“

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @DenisT1980,

I have an update, the release of the S32K1xx development package v3.4.1 was published to the NXP website today. You can get this package by the following:

1) Login to your account at NXP.com, then proceed past Software Licensing and Support, Software Accounts then stop at Product List page.

2) Click on this link 

3) Click on SW32K1_S32DS_3.4.1_D2106.zip from the middle of the list of downloads

4) Launch S32 Design Studio 3.4, open the S32DS Extensions & Updates menu

5) Check the boxes next to the S32K1xx Development package and S32SDK S32K1XX RTM 4.0.2 (both are needed for the Migrate tool) as shown here:

image.png

After installing, please try the Migration tool again.

Best Regards,

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
samcs
Contributor II

Hi, does NXP have a package to migrate SDK 0.8.4 EAR to SDK RTM 4.0.2? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sam,

In addition to the guide I provided in DM, please also check the article:  HOWTO: Migrate S32K1xx SDK project from SDK v4.0.1... - NXP Community

You might want to use the guide I provided to migrate to SDK v4.0.1 first, then use this HOWTO to migrate to v4.0.2.

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Sam,

Unfortunately, we have no such tool for this migration.

My suggestion is to try to manually perform the migration of the SDKs. I will contact you through DM to provide a guide for this.

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @DenisT1980,

I have an update, the release of the S32K1xx development package v3.4.1 was published to the NXP website today. You can get this package by the following:

1) Login to your account at NXP.com, then proceed past Software Licensing and Support, Software Accounts then stop at Product List page.

2) Click on this link 

3) Click on SW32K1_S32DS_3.4.1_D2106.zip from the middle of the list of downloads

4) Launch S32 Design Studio 3.4, open the S32DS Extensions & Updates menu

5) Check the boxes next to the S32K1xx Development package and S32SDK S32K1XX RTM 4.0.2 (both are needed for the Migrate tool) as shown here:

image.png

After installing, please try the Migration tool again.

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @DenisT1980,

Thank you for providing this feedback. We actually have a new release of the S32K1xx development package in the next few days. This update will be v3.4.1 and should be available by Monday, June 28th. It contains some updates to this migration tool you are using. If it were not for the timing of this release, I would try to look into your exact issue some more, but it is probably best to use this latest version before we invest much effort.

Once you have tried this new version, we would very much appreciate any feedback you have to share.

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
DenisT1980
Contributor III

Hello and thank you for the answer,

After the upgrade, the migration process went without freezing. I have not yet evaluated the quality of migration itself.

0 Kudos