cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Makefile for GCC 6.3.1 vs GCCv4.9

Catosh
Contributor IV

Hello, 

I would like to evaluate the differences between the two toolchains, but I can see that in design studio I have to choose the toolchain at the creation of the project, then I am stuck to that toolchain.
pastedImage_1.png

I am not really familiar with makefiles; I was wondering if setting up a project to be used with makefiles would allow me to select the toolchain just editing the linker and compiler path. 

One more bonus question: what's the difference between FSL, CDT ad GNU Make builder it the dropdown list?

B.R.

L.

1 Reply

Catosh
Contributor IV

After a couple of test, I would say "So and So".

in my makefile I am declaring the path for the compiler and linker as 

CC := C:/NXP/S32DS_ARM_v2018.R1/Cross_Tools/gcc-6.3-arm32-eabi/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe

LL := C:/NXP/S32DS_ARM_v2018.R1/Cross_Tools/gcc-6.3-arm32-eabi/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe

and  everything works fine.

Changing the path of gcc to 

CC := C:/NXP/S32DS_ARM_v2018.R1/Cross_Tools/gcc-arm-none-eabi-4_9/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe

LL := C:/NXP/S32DS_ARM_v2018.R1/Cross_Tools/gcc-arm-none-eabi-4_9/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe

I am still able to compile the project, but then the linker fails with 

c:/nxp/s32ds_arm_v2018.r1/cross_tools/gcc-arm-none-eabi-4_9/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.9.3/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: bad -rpath option

So yes, looks like that just switching the path could allow me to use a different toolchain. 
But if it was so easy I am pretty sure that also DS would allow me to switch Toolchain. 

Right now I have no idea on how to get rid of this issue. 

Any hint would be gladly appreciated. 

B.R.

L.

0 Kudos