MPC5744P DSPI registers configurations examples needed

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5744P DSPI registers configurations examples needed

bingwang312
Contributor III

I am trying to program on DEVKIT MPC5744P rev E, with multiple SPI devices on DSPI1, feels it really hard to configure those registers for  different SPI peripherals with different baudrates and negation CSx states so that all these SPI peripherals can get commands and data from MPC5744P (Master). Does anyone know any software kit or specific document on this issue? I am currently relying on its reference manual, but feels very hard,  more examples will also be very helpful too. help please. thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

bingwang312
Contributor III

thanks for your reply.

The reference manual works, but not so convienent, because there are some premises or relations between registers which is hard to remember all these rules.  and on the manual the marks of high bits and low bits is reversed against actual registers, for example, on manual bit ...28/29/31 actually means lower bits ...2/1/0 in register. 

if there is an excel sheet or a software/function in IDE simply used as a tool for configuring registers, that will be great, because only experts know well on those registers and the relations between the registers.

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

are we talking about SDK? If yes, it's not supported. I asnwered similar question here short time ago:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32-SDK/MPC5777C-DSPI-only-use-CTAR0/m-p/1096525

If you don't use SDK, there should be no problem to configure different transfer attributes.

Regards,

Lukas