Installing S32 Design Studio for Power Arch 2.1 fails at activation

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing S32 Design Studio for Power Arch 2.1 fails at activation

losullivan
Contributor I

Earlier this week, my existing installation of S32 Design Studio for Power Arch 2.1 stopped working. I would start the program, select the workspace, I'd just see the ide, and it would vanish. I found a log file in the program folder complaining about a java exception.

I uninstalled the program (as well as s32ds for s32k), in preparation to reinstall, thinking some program file got corrupted. Now, i can't seem to even install it. The installer asks for the activation key, and when i choose 'online' activation it soon errors out, saying "Error sending an activation request to a remote server and processing the resulting response. com.acresso.activation.handler.ServerException (FNP error 0)".

I've also tried an offline activation, but this produces an error as well. i can generate the 'request.xml', and get an 'activation.xml' via the nxp website, but when I proovide the 'activation.xml' file to the installer, it errors out saying, "Invalid offline response, ResponseType FAILURE". if i look inside (text editor) the 'activation.xml' generated by the NXP website, I do actually see a failure message within (<ResponseType>FAILURE</ResponseType>).

I've tried both online and offline activation, with the installer started as an administrator (and not). I've also tried various fixes others have posted to the forums, including deleting c:\programdata\flex, clearing out appdata/local/temp, running the 'clean.bat' from S32 Design Studio Offline activation issue hot fix - NXP Community, I've attempted to use the "CLL_FNP.11.18.0.2" fix from here (Troubleshooting: Activation fails with error messa... - NXP Community), but i feel like I wasn't understanding how to use it properly. I've tried creating a second NXP account and getting a fresh activation code. I've tried disabling my windows firewall.

Any help would be appreciated to install S32 Design Studio for Power Arch 2.1

0 Kudos
4 Replies

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

I checked you account and it looks that you was able activate S32DS PA v2.1. Is the issue still present? 

0 Kudos

losullivan
Contributor I

Hi @jiri_kral, do you have any advice on getting S32DS working on my pc?

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Liam, 

sorry for delay. I checked the account again and for some reason the license expiration date was Aug 2023. I extend it again. Please try to re-activate S32DS with your old code. 

0 Kudos

losullivan
Contributor I

Hello Jiri,

I installed and activated the product on another 'loaner' PC, but I could not resolve it on my workstation. So the issue is still pending. I'm able to get some work done at least on the other workstation. But if you have any insights that will help me get S32DS running on my pc, they would be appreciated.

-Liam

0 Kudos