cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to purchase a MPC5748G board, which debugger it supports

laxmikanthindur
Contributor III

Hello,

I want to experiment something, I feel that best supported development board is MPC5748G. before I start I want to know the following things.

1. IDE supported is S32 design studio , what about the debugger , which debugger we need to have, lauterbach and iSystem are very costly , can we work with P&E multilink device.

2.I want to focus on my application so I dont want to give time for Driver development, so do i get drivers for SD card interface, CAN etc. 

3. Also I want to know how to use multi cores , could some one provide me the documents or website links where I can get some knowledge about usage of the multicores.

Thank you very much in advance

Best Regards

9 Replies

wenhongkui
Contributor II

Does USB-ML-PPCNXUS or USB-ML-UNIVERSAL(MULTILINK UNIVERSAL)  support?

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, you can use all debuggers you mentioned. You can find more details about JTAG in datasheet - page 60 - https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/data-sheet/MPC5748G.pdf 

Jiri

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

You can also use arduino-like devkit - DEVKIT Evaluation Board for MPC574xG|NXP 

With this board you don't need any external debugger - on this board is integrated OpenSDA debugger.

Jiri

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

1) If you are looking for some low cost debugger, the only possibility is use PEMicro debug probe (Multilink Universal (FX)).

2) There is SDK available for MPC5748G which contains these drivers.

3) About multi-cores, there is nothing especial. Also, multi-core project creation is supported by S32 Design Studio. If you have any specific question about this topic, please let me know.

Regards,

Martin 

laxmikanthindur
Contributor III

Hello Martin, thanks for the inputs , I want to know about  multi cores , basically why ? how ? how much it is helpful.?

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

unfortunately, there are no documents about multi cores, which describe these general information and I do not have resources to write this document.

So, If you find some specific question you would like to know, please feel free to update this post.

Regards,

Martin

laxmikanthindur
Contributor III

Hello Martin.

I have a complex algorithms to start work on ,I want to use multi cores. how do I know how much is memory shared among the cores how much is the individual core Data memory and code  memory ? for MPC5748G Dev board.

0 Kudos

laxmikanthindur
Contributor III

Ok One thing I understood is that it has 3 core of each 256Kb and becoming total 768Kb of RAM.

1.what about the code memory?

2. how about sharing the data ? I think we need to use a shared memory location , how to achieve this,? is it possible to do so just by sharing a common memory in linker file ? for example base address for core1 as 4004000 (and size is 4kb means total RAM is from 4004000 to 4008000) and for core2 as 4007000(and size is 4kb from 400700 to 4001100). will this 1KB be a shared memory ? is it correct ?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Laxmikant Indur

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

all memory sizes are configurable for each core and of course - you can share memory between cores. Here example for memory sharing  - Example S32R274 multi-core shared memory - S32DS Power v1.2 

Example is for different MCU - but the principle is same. 

Here is project configuration related to memory - as you can see - memory config is easy and straight forward:

pastedImage_3.png

If you are new in multi-core embedded programming - google is good start point. There is many tutorials and how-tos. 

Jiri 

0 Kudos