I have an error : Launching  L1_Z4.elf has encoutered a problem.Error starting process.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have an error : Launching  L1_Z4.elf has encoutered a problem.Error starting process.

vladstoica
Contributor III

I have an error : Launching  L1_Z4.elf has encoutered a problem.Error starting process. I have Windows 8.1 on my computer. Anyone had this error before?(the program builds fine,has no errors)

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
14 Replies

johnssheng
Contributor I

capture.png

Launching  GPIO.elf has encoutered a problem.Error starting process.when I press  "Run"button.I am using MPC5604B.

any idear  ,thanks.

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

unfortunately, RUN button is not implemented correct. You have to use Debug button instead of RUN button. Debug button works correct.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Vlad,

Can you possibly check if you can detect your Pemicro USB Multilink cable in the debug configurations dialog:

S32DS_Power_Debug_Configurations.png

Also please check if the Pemicro driver is correctly recognized:

PEMICRO_Multilink_universal_Win_device_manager.jpg

If this is ok can you check:

* P&E ribbon cable orientation is correct.

* Board is powered up (both LEDs - blue, yellow on Pemicro box should light)

* MCU may not sit correctly in ZIF socket - you can try to push and release the socket several times, is MCU orientation ok in the socket?

* Daughter card jumpers are correctly set up to 3.3V

Do you have any other MPC56xx or MPC57xx board you could test?

Hope it helps.

Stanislav

vladstoica
Contributor III

Hello,

Thank for your answers. It was a MPC problem, I replaced the MPC5748G with a new one and now it's working fine. Also I have another question regarding the S32 design studion: does it have a HSM module because I didn't find the module, or is there any posibility to install it, or to implement.

Thanks,

Vlad

0 Kudos

vladstoica
Contributor III

Hello,

I use debug, but neither run is working.

Vlad

0 Kudos

vladstoica
Contributor III

Hello,

I updated the firmware, but with no result. Regarding the FCCU, I didn't ever configured it ..it is a tutorial or an example what to do, or how to configure it?

Thanks,

Vlad

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vlad,

Last question, which button you use for program execution? Debug or Run?

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vlad,

it seems the micro is OK. There will be some problem with S32DS and communication with PE Micro debugger. Tomorrow,  I will try to ask my colleague and eventually we will create ticket for developers, to investigate this issue.

Regards,

Martin

vladstoica
Contributor III

Thanks for the link Martin, but the driver update didn't work. Now I have the D1 led on all the time, issuing the MCU have a reset, but I don't know the cause. It may be a hardware problem? Or software? I also try connecting with ICDPP Nexux on target, but it didn't work, is shows: "Debugger retrying  force to background mode".

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vlad,

this issue is very similar as issue described in the following thread:

P&E Connection Assistant Error

I am not sure, what causes this issue, because I am not able to replicate it. I tried MPC5748G, MPC5775K and also MPC5777M and for all micros it worked correct.

Last idea is to update debugger firmware. PE Micro should be able to connect to micro, which is in the reset or reset escalation(D1 led is on).

Have you ever configured FCCU? Did you enable reaction to software watchdog in FCCU?

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vlad,

at first, look at this thread and try to use the procedure which advises Stanislav.

Eternal "configuring GDB" if P&E Multilink not connected or target OFF

If it does not work, please write me back following information:

1) Which micro you use (including cut)?

2) which debugger you use?

3) Did you create single core or multicore project?

4) Do you use IDE and project with default settings?

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos

vladstoica
Contributor III

Hello,

That didn't work. I am using MPC5748G , P&E Multilink UBS for debugging, a multicore project( but it doesn't work in sigle core either), and yes I use IDE and project with default settings.

Thanks,Vlad

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vlad,

try to download the newest drivers and update you debugger. Here is the URL:

http://www.pemicro.com/support/download_processor.cfm

Download and install this file:

P&E Hardware Interface Drivers, Version 12 (Win XP/Vista/7/8/10)

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos

vladstoica
Contributor III

Hello,

That didn't work.

I am using MPC5748G , P&E Multilink USB for debugging, a multicore project( but it doesn't work in sigle core either), and yes I use IDE and project with default settings.

Thanks,

Vlad

0 Kudos