How to make a new project and compile it in S32 Design Studio?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make a new project and compile it in S32 Design Studio?

nathan_
Contributor IV

It is the first time I use the S32 Design Studio to compile a project for MPC5744P.

Can anyone tell me the procedure to make a new project and compile it? It is so different to the CodeWarrior.

Thank you very much!

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

please look at the application note AN5282. It shows some basic differences between CodeWarrior and S32 Design Studio.

http://cache.nxp.com/assets/documents/data/en/application-notes/AN5282.pdf?fsrch=1&sr=1&pageNum=1 

If you have any other questions regarding functions of S32 Design Studio, please feel free to write me back.

Regards,

Martin

PS: This app note was written for S32DS v1.0. There are some changes in newer versions, so if you met anything you do not understand, please ask. 

0 Kudos

Yingming
Contributor II

Hello,Martin:

Refer to AN5282,i used S32DS for arm 2018.R1 to import CW project,but when i build project,it show errors:

arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe: error: CPU_KEA128: No such file or directory
arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe: error: TRK_KEA128: No such file or directory

CPU_KEA128 and TRK_KEA128 is Macro definition,and is used in common.h.

/* 
 * Include the platform specific header file 
 */
#if (defined(TRK_KEA8))
 #include "kea8_config.h"
#elif (defined(TRK_KEA64))
 #include "kea64_config.h"
#elif (defined(TRK_KEA128))
 #include "kea128_config.h"
#else
 #error "No valid board defined"
#endif‌
‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

I checked project->properties->C/C++ General->Paths and Symbols,it has # CPU_KEA128 and # TRK_KEA128;

also,at project->properties->Settings->Tool Settings->Standard S32DS C Compiler->Preprocessor,i add Defined symbols(CPU_KEA128 and TRK_KEA128).

The CW project is MagniV LIN Bootloader\Master Node\LIN_Bootloader_Master,based with TRK-KEA128:

Magniv LIN Bootloader.JPG

I am sorry for i don't know how to upload project.please give me some suggestions,thank you very much

0 Kudos