How to create different hardware configuration for different builds within one project.

取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

How to create different hardware configuration for different builds within one project.

2,316 次查看
DenisT1980
Contributor III

I'm migrating from S32DS ARM2.2 to S32DS3.4 and i seek for the analog of  "Generator Configuration".

I want to create different hardware configuration for each build.

0 项奖励
9 回复数

2,306 次查看
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @DenisT1980,

The S32 Configuration Tools in S32 Design Studio 3.4 contains a feature called 'Functional groups'. This feature was developed to provide similar capability as the Generator Configuration feature of the Processor Expert tools. There is some details in the Help -> Help Contents area. Please review the documentation and let us know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Mike

0 项奖励

2,245 次查看
DenisT1980
Contributor III

Thank you for answer.

I have indeed further question: what is real purpose of functional group setting "Called by default initialization function"?

At first I thought, that this functional group will be initiated automatically without code in user application.

0 项奖励

2,236 次查看
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Denis,

If you have multiple functional groups defined, only one can have this setting. This means that it will be the one which is called by default initialization function. It would not make sense to have more than one as the 2nd one would overwrite the settings of the 1st. The purpose is to allow for additional functional group to replace the original functional group when a set of conditions is met. It is also useful if you have multiple configurations that are under consideration and you haven't settled on which one to proceed with. It is easier to switch between them with this setting.

Hope that helps,

Mike

0 项奖励

2,228 次查看
DenisT1980
Contributor III

"This means that it will be the one which is called by default initialization function. It would not make sense to have more than one as the 2nd one would overwrite the settings of the 1st. "

Yes, I figured as much. But as I can observe pins must be initilazed directly in application code, otherwise it will be not functioning. I cannot find any signs that the pins initialization will be done automatically according to this setting.

0 项奖励

2,219 次查看
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Just checking this box does not update your application code. The initialization is performed in the generated code, but the functions still must be called from your application. These calls should be added by you. There are many included example projects which demonstrate this.

0 项奖励

1,196 次查看
gpira
Contributor III
Where I can find these examples?
0 项奖励

1,188 次查看
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

If you have the the RTD installed (which contains examples showing both AUTOSAR and non-AUTOSAR driver usage), then you have a large number of example projects available.

image.png

Next, go to File -> New -> S32DS Project from Example

Select a project and click Finish

image.png

The example project will be added to your workspace.

There are instructions for building and running the example on an evaluation board included in the description section (and available within description.txt in the project directory after it has been added).

Best Regards,

Mike

0 项奖励

2,106 次查看
DenisT1980
Contributor III

OK. But from my point of view the problem is, that the tool create the configuration for all functional groups (with and without this option setting) at the same time and put all configuration in one file. So in the application code I must check and select right structure and pass it to initializing function.

But I do not see any difference in behavior regarding this setting. Perhaps am I missing something?

0 项奖励

2,065 次查看
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @DenisT1980,

You have a point. It seems the generation of the default initialization function was removed. I have entered a ticket in our internal issue tracking system to report this and either get it returned or an explanation for why it was removed. Either way, for now it is not clear to users how it should be used. We will provide an update once this matter is clarified. For now, it seems, this feature is of very little benefit. My apologies for any disruption this may have caused.

Best regards,

Mike