Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to build BSP/PSP/library in S32DS IDE

jianlongzhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Dear All,

I downloaded MQX 4.2 for Halo Rev 6 package and wanted to run examples in S32DS. Unfortunately, there is few description about how to build BSP/PSP library in S32DS only below information.

pastedImage_1.png

Firstly, I import project '\MQX_4_2_Halo_0_6\mqx\build\s32ds\bsp_mac57d5mb\bsp_mac57d5mb_A5' to S32DS, but failed to build, error shown below.

pastedImage_6.png

Could anyone help me build BSP and PSP in S32DS, thank you very much!

Best Regards

Tony Zhang

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

almarto
Contributor IV

Hi Tony,

You're welcome! We are still trying to troubleshoot this error but we have not succeeded yet, please let me know if you get any result since this is really important for us and our project development. We have not able to execute any project involving DCU in deliverable MQX_4_2_Halo_0_6.rar with S32DS v1.3.

Could anybody at NXP provide some feedback or guide on how to do it?

Thank you very much for you kind collaboration.

Best regards,

alvaro

0 Kudos

almarto
Contributor IV

Here is the attached documents. Hope this helps to build "hello" example.

BR

0 Kudos

jianlongzhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alvaro,

Many thanks for your sharing. I can run "Hello" now!

BTW, do you figure out problems of "Tiger" project? I followed your guide, active BSPCFG_ENABLE_DCU, but it cannot display. 

Best Regards

Tony

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tony,

the reason why ovg examples can't be build is missing post-build step in bsp/psp project. Here is step by step guide for fixing the build issue for Logo/tiger and other examples:

• build bsp/psp for both cores (A5, M4)
  •  start windows command line 
  • go to your MQX_4_2_Halo_0_6 install path (for me it is C:\Freescale\MQX_4_2_Halo_0_6)
  • go to mxq/build/bat sub folder - in sequence start all 4 bat files with 3 arguments. 

arg 1. MQX_ROOT_DIR (in my case  C:\Freescale\MQX_4_2_Halo_0_6)       

arg 2. OUTPUT_PATH (in my case  C:\Freescale\MQX_4_2_Halo_0_6\lib\mac57d5mb_a5.s32ds\debug\bsp

arg 3. s32ds  (tool name)

I used for all 4 .bat files output path with bsp at the end - even when the bat file is related to psp. You have to only change core in the output path related to .bat file (a5 or m4). 

Here are exact command lines how  I used them on my machine: 
bsp_mac57d5mb_m4.bat C:\Freescale\MQX_4_2_Halo_0_6 C:\Freescale\MQX_4_2_Halo_0_6\lib\mac57d5mb_m4.s32ds\debug\bsp s32ds
psp_mac57d5mb_m4.bat C:\Freescale\MQX_4_2_Halo_0_6 C:\Freescale\MQX_4_2_Halo_0_6\lib\mac57d5mb_m4.s32ds\debug\bsp s32ds
bsp_mac57d5mb_a5.bat C:\Freescale\MQX_4_2_Halo_0_6 C:\Freescale\MQX_4_2_Halo_0_6\lib\mac57d5mb_a5.s32ds\debug\bsp s32ds
psp_mac57d5mb_a5.bat C:\Freescale\MQX_4_2_Halo_0_6 C:\Freescale\MQX_4_2_Halo_0_6\lib\mac57d5mb_a5.s32ds\debug\bsp s32ds

Hope it helps. 

Jiri

0 Kudos

jianlongzhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jiri,

Many thanks for your reply!

Would you please share .bat file you mentioned? I will try on my side. Thanks a lot.

Best Regards

Tony

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tony, 

.bat files are part of MQX installation. They are located at [YOUR_MQX_HALO_INSTALL_PATH]/mqx/build/bat as mentioned in point 4. You only need to pass correct arguments.

Jiri

0 Kudos

almarto
Contributor IV

Hi Tony,

We also found the same problem and solved it by modifying paths. We were able to build hello example but have found many issues when trying to build tiger example (activating DCU).

Find attached an explanatory document that we have forwarded to NXP waiting for feedback.

BR

0 Kudos