How can I use wolfssl library for MCP5748G development in S32DS for power architecture?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I use wolfssl library for MCP5748G development in S32DS for power architecture?

mjx1126
Contributor I

I'm new to this so I wonder how to use wolfssl for this dev board. I found that wolfssl supports freertos and MCP5748G also has a freertos component. Does anyone have any ideas on how to set up the development environment? I don't know the steps to incorporate this external library in a project with freertos. Or is there possibly any other way to use this library without using freertos?

0 Kudos
6 Replies

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

I'm not familiar with wolfssl - but I think this is just library like other ones. You have two options. If wolfssl provides library archive (.a file) built for MPC5748G - you can just add path to this library and library name in your project settings (right click on project name -> Properties) . Also don't forget add include path for wolfssl library header files:

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

Second option is build library archive from source code for MPC5748G target. You need to create new library project, add source code into project and build it. Then continue with option 1. 

pastedImage_3.png

I think, that you don't need OS running for wolfssl library usage. You can find more details on wolfssl webpage. 

Jiri 

0 Kudos

mjx1126
Contributor I

okay I have incorporated the library although not in the way mentioned above

Now I wanna use the freertos + lwip example, but could you tell me where I could modify the codes to develop my own application?

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

I'm not sure what you mean by - "where I could modify the codes". You can open any existing example and modify any part of code to meet your application requirements.

Other option is start from scratch with new SDK based application and add FreeRTOS and lwip component and use freertos and lwip example as a reference. 

Jiri  

0 Kudos

mjx1126
Contributor I

I see that in the example codes there're some codes that are not supposed to modify, so I'm not sure where I can insert my own codes. Just in the region which says "write your cod here" and "don't write any code pass this line"?

If I write my codes in the region aforementioned, it seems like the RTOS startup code is below my codes, but I need freertos in this case to run my own codes, so how should I modify that part of the codes specifically? Do I have to move that snippet of codes before my own codes?

Also, what's the use of  function start_example() here? 

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

So, you can modify any part of code above the highlighted line: 

pastedImage_1.png

start_example() in lwip demo is used for starting example - if FreeRTOS is present - this startup code will start FreeRTOS task, otherwise infinite loop is started. You can navigate into function implementation by holding CTRL key and clicking on function name: 

pastedImage_2.png

Hope it helps. 

Jiri 

0 Kudos

mjx1126
Contributor I

Thank you!

0 Kudos