Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to Flash Core 1 in MPC5777C in S32DS

sourabhjain
Contributor III

Hi,

We are using S32 Design Studio.

S32 Design Studio for Power Architecture

i am using flash from file for flash configuration but there i can only debug either core 0 or core 1 but not both simultaneously. I want to flash both core 0  and core 1 simultaneously.

pastedImage_1.png

I am to debug both core 0 and core 1 simultaneously by using below debug configuration.

pastedImage_2.png

here we are using launch group in debug mode we are easily able to debug both core simultaneously. here is option to edit launch group having below configuration.

pastedImage_3.png

there we can change launching mode from debug to flash like this

pastedImage_4.png

i have also try this option for flashing the code but it also fail means flashing not done properly and it stuck somewhere.

so please suggest me how to flash both core 0 and core 1 simultaneously in MPC5777C using S32 design studio? 

0 Kudos
5 Replies

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Flash Configurations are not intended for debugging but just for programming the MCU.

In order to program the multicore (multi-elf) project you should select the boot core debug/flash configuration:

The boot core debug/flash configuration contains all the executable files for all the cores:

pastedImage_1.png

Regarding multicore debugging -  there is a Launch group that program the elf(s) and starts a single debug session with multiple independent cores - debug threads.

For more information see e.g.

HOWTO: debug multi-core project in S32 Design studio 

Example MPC5777C Single ELF multi-core Pin Toggling - S32DS Power v1.2 

Hope it helps.

Stan

vrushalitaklika
Contributor III

Thanks Stanislav, 

We are looking for programming MCU for multicore. We dont intend to debug the core.

Steps suggested above didnt work.

Thanks

Vrushali

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vrushali, 

Actually - PE Micro debugger is primary dedicated for debugging - not for flashing only. But there is one possibility how to flash code only. You can try this steps:

Click on Flash icon on tool bar: 

pastedImage_1.png

and click to Flash button: 

pastedImage_2.png

Target is flashed and dbg server is shut down. 

Jiri

0 Kudos

sourabhjain
Contributor III

Hi Jiri,

pastedImage_2.png

I have try this above method given by you but it only flashes core 0 program not core 1. Is there any other method by which i can flash both cores (0 and 1) ?

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

so - I tested the scenario again - and for me are both flash areas (for core0 and core1) programmed correctly. I start flash only then reset the board and attach to running target. On 0xC00400 (Flash address dedicated to Core1) I can see correct data: 
pastedImage_1.png

How did you realize that memory from address 0xC00400 is not flashed? 

Jiri

0 Kudos