cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fail to install S32DS for Power Architecture v1.2

Jump to solution
danjiang
Contributor I

Hello, I'm trying to install S32DS Power V1.2 on Windows 8.1 but there always appears an error said "you do not have enough Windows permissions!", then the installation rolled back.
I'm sure I executed the setup wizard as administrator already, but it doesn't work.

My windows user account is in the administrator group.
I tried several times however nothing changed.
I have uploaded the pics of my installation process, please help me find out the reason.

What should I do?

(PS. the error message is on pic 5,

log pics are pic8 and pic9)

(the information about my computer:

Windows 8.1 Pro, 64bit)

Thank you very much,
Dan

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Solution: Issue was caused by disabled windows server service. Can be checked from command line by "net session" command .

Jiri 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Solution: Issue was caused by disabled windows server service. Can be checked from command line by "net session" command .

Jiri 

0 Kudos
Contributor I

Hi Jiri,

I have the same problem while I'm trying to install S32DS Power Architecture 2017.R1 on Windows 7(32bits) ,I got the Administrator Rights, May I know how you solve the problem? 

Jakie

0 Kudos
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

if net session command doesn't work for you - try to enable server service: 

Start/Stop Server service in Windows 7 from Services, Regedit or CMD 

Hope it helps. 

Jiri 

0 Kudos
Contributor I

Hi Jiri,

That's the server service does not work, I modified the Configuration, Thank you very much !  

Jakie

0 Kudos
Contributor I

Hi :

can you tell me the service name 

0 Kudos
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dan,

can try to execute the command NET SESSION in the admin command line console to check whats is wrong?

We use this command within the installer to check the admin rights has been granted.

Thanks!

S.

0 Kudos
danjiang
Contributor I

Hi Stanislav,

According to the log file , both NET SESSION and PING command executed successfully.

Execute Command:          NET SESSION

Execute Command:          ping 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 5000

The error happend during Installing Uninstaller:

Install File:             C:\NXP\S32DS_Power_v1.2\_S32 Design Studio for Power Architecture v1.2_installation\resource\invoker.exe

Install Uninstaller:      S32 Design Studio for Power Architecture v1.2(Install All Uninstaller Components)
                          Additional Notes: ERROR - Error writing LaunchAnywhere components (Access Denied)
Uninstall Folder:         C:\NXP\S32DS_Power_v1.2\jre

Remove Registry Entry:    5 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\null

Any suggestion?

Thanks.

Dan

0 Kudos
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dan, 

I went through my log file - and the very next step after installing file invoker.exe is registry entry:

Make Registry Entry: Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\S32 Design Studio for Power Architecture v1.2
Value Name: UninstallString
Value Data: "C:\NXP\S32DS_Power_v1.2\_S32 Design Studio for Power Architecture v1.2_installation\Uninstall S32 Design Studio for Power Architecture v1.2.exe"

On your machine on this place is access denied error. This is also first attempt to write something into windows registry. Please check if you have rights to add registry entries. You can manually start register editor from command line by regedit command and check if you can create new entry. You can use path from log above. 

Jiri 

0 Kudos
danjiang
Contributor I

Hi Jiri,

Thanks for your reply.

12.png

I tried to add a new entry manually follow your path, and it was successed.

After edited registry I reboot the OS and try to install S32DS again, but the same error occured.

Is there any problem related to 64bit-OS ?

Dan

0 Kudos
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

I tested it on 64bit Win 10 - and had no issue. Can you please share full log file? I'll send it to Installer team.May be they will find something. I have no idea what else may be wrong. 

Jiri 

0 Kudos
danjiang
Contributor I

Hi Jiri,

May I send the full log file by e-mail or any other way?

There are some privacy information contained in the log file.

Dan

0 Kudos
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

I'm not able reproduce your issue. On the error message I can see that installer is executing ping command - are you able start ping manually from command line? 

Also the access denied message in the log may be related to some special characters in the install path - there is couple question on community related to Chinese encoding and S32DS - but I'm afraid that  there is no universal solution yet. 

Jiri 

0 Kudos
danjiang
Contributor I

Hi Jiri,

Thank you for your reply.

are you able start ping manually from command line? 

Yes I can start ping from command line.

Also the access denied message in the log may be related to some special characters in the install path

Do you mean the "Yen sign" in the install path is the special character?
Maybe that is just a different display way in Japanese OS of the "backslash".
I cut a part of log and attach it as a txt file, could you check if there is any special character?

Thank you very much.

Dan

0 Kudos