Error in services launch sequence Failed to launch GDB server. Please check that another instance of pegdbserver_console.exe is not running.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in services launch sequence Failed to launch GDB server. Please check that another instance of pegdbserver_console.exe is not running.

chenxiubo
Contributor III

Hi,

I'm  using MPC5744P EVB,  using S32DS V1.1 and PEmicro. I have been using this board for 2 days without any problems. There was code loaded before, which I have been able to debug, but today occurs: "Error in services launch sequence Failed to launch GDB server. Please check that another instance of pegdbserver_console.exe is not running."

I  found  this problem in this Community, someone  also encounted  this problem. But now it seems still has a no good answer to solve it...([MPC5777M] Board stuck in MCU reset | NXP Community ),(Debugging Kinetis microcontroller using PEmicro multilink ),(Error in services launch sequence - Please help )

360截图20170719230651523.jpg

360截图20170719230838550.jpg

I pushed the Retry button, it appeared again.  And  when  I pushed  Abort button,   occurs: "Error in services launch sequence Failed to launch GDB server. Please check that another instance of pegdbserver_console.exe is not running."

2 Replies

sheepdog6
Contributor I

I didn't have any of those processes running by name, but I did have the default port 7224 in use by another process.  I opened up a command terminal, used netstat -aon, found the PID of the process using 7224, and when I opened up Task Manager and enabled the PID column, I found that port 7224 was being used by a process I couldn't kill.

I found from another website (ftp://ftp.gnu.org/old-gnu/Manuals/gdb/html_node/gdb_130.html) that it didn't matter what port I used as long as it matched up with the target.  How was I to know that, I didn't know.  So I tried 7225 and Debug was successful.

So the problem is that it hangs up, because the port is in use, not necessarily by another instance of GDB.

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, 

it is known issue - sometimes GDB server gets stuck and must be killed via windows task manager. Start Windows task manager by keyboard shortcut - CTRL + SHIFT + ESC (or by any other way), select Processes tab and check if pegdbserver_console.exe process is present. If yes - select it and press End Process button. 

Jiri