Documentations for Parallel Processing in S32V234.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documentations for Parallel Processing in S32V234.

trialaccount12
Contributor V

Hi,

To begin, I have worked with S32V234 and S32 Design studio for vision. Now I have an algorithm like traffic signs detection or pedestrian detection.

I would like to implement the algorithm in the A53 cortex using parallel processing. But I could not find any specificdocumentation regarding to it. Since A53 has 4 cores I would like to implement the program in it and would like to compare the efficiency and take steps to further improvise it.

Could you please help me by providing the required documentation to know in detail about how parallel processing actually works in A53 and few examples which have already been made. It would be really helpful.

Looking forward to your help. It would greatly help me in my research.

Many thanks.

Regards

Niranjan.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

there is nothing special about multicore programming techniques for S32V234. You can find bunch of tutorials on internet (for example Raspberry PI is similar to S32V234)   and start with examples in S32DS for Vision installation.  

Jiri 

trialaccount12
Contributor V

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Yes, I went through parallel processing techniques in Raspberry Pi. To begin with S32v234, I have made the installations as guided.  I would like to run the parallel processing on a simple matrix application first. Is there any examples to guide me on how to access the multi cores of S32v234? (Syntax in particular)

Any similar predefined examples in s32v234 would be highly helpful.

Regards,

Niranjan.

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

Technically multicore project for S32V234  baremetal target are 4 elfs - each for one core. It is up to you how you solve core to core messages/flags/critical sections/shared memory. Here is simple example (for Power PC, but the principle is same across platforms) for shared memory: Example S32R274 multi-core shared memory - S32DS Power v1.2 

Easiest way how to start is create new application project, select your MCU

pastedImage_2.png

You can modify RAM size/addresses for each core or disable cores:

pastedImage_1.png

And you can start with experiments. 

Hope it helps.