Can "S32 DS with JLink Jtag" program s32K144?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can "S32 DS with JLink Jtag" program s32K144?

klau
Contributor II

Hi Dear Reader(s),

I have written some programs on the S32K144EVB board using  IDE S32 Design Studio -"S32DS_ARM_Win32_v2018.R1_b180326".

We have designed our board with a s32K144 on it.  Before I get these boards (later this week), I want to find out if I can program the S32K144 with "S32 DS with JLink Jtag".

So I connected the JLink Jtag to the "OpenSDA/JTAG"  on the evaluation board, that killed all green leds. I think that may kill the board power also, then I stopped.

Next I connected the JLink Jtag to the SWD connector on the evaluation board, I saw the leds on the JLink Jtag blinked, and S32 Design Studio output messages that look like the processor has been re-programmed, but I did not have control on the debug menu like "step", "run", and "halt".

Based on what I saw, it seemed that "S32 DS with JLink Jtag" can NOT program our board with s32k144 on it.

Am I correct?  Do I need to get help from IAR or Keil?

Thanks,

Kevin

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

klau
Contributor II

Hi Jiri,

I disconnected the USB cable, and powered up the evaluation board with 12V, then I could program after I connected the JLink to the on board "J14 SWD connector".  I used the "DEBUG" build from the example, however the "Release" build would not work.

What are the differences between these two build configurations?

Also after I finished programming, went back to use OpenSDA via USB cable.  The evaluation board came up in bootloader.  

How could I re-program the evaluation board with a application like "hello" example?

Thank you for your help!!

Kevin

0 Kudos

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Kevin, 

For diffs between debug and release build configurations please check e.g. this post:

how to use the build target--Release for S32DS for ARM project 

I assume you've experienced no source displayed while debugging "Release" version. This is caused by the fact the debug configuration is stripped of from .elf file.

pastedImage_2.png

Have you disconnected Jlink SWD cable when trying to connect via USB cable (OpenSDA)?

Jlink SWD Reset signal could interfere with OpenSDA RESET signal which turns the board into bootloader mode when power-on.

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

Hope it helps.

Stan

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kevin, 

Segger J-Link is supported by S32DS for Arm. Just open Debug configurations and Add new or Select existing GDB SEGGER J-Link debug configuration:

pastedImage_1.png

S32DS Examples already have setup J-Link debug configurations - you can use it for testing purposes. Hope it helps. 

Jiri 

0 Kudos