Can I use ULINKpro or TI XDS110 to flash S32K148EVB?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use ULINKpro or TI XDS110 to flash S32K148EVB?

Poley
Contributor V

Hi, I have both a Keil ULINKpro and a TI XDS110 debug probe. I am looking to flash my bootloader .rbf file onto my S32K148 dev board using JTAG but I can not get either to show up in my flash settings:

Poley_0-1627397018255.png

What could I be doing wrong? Appreciate any help with this!

Thank you

0 Kudos
7 Replies

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

S32DS by default supports PE Micro and Segger J-Link probes. You can also install Lauterbach plugin for Eclipse. 

The .rbf file is s-record file, if your debug probes supports uploading s-record and supports S32K148 - you can use existing TI or ULINK environment for flashing. 

Jiri 

0 Kudos

Poley
Contributor V

Hi @jiri_kral 

Sorry, do you mean that my current probes can not be used with S32DS?

Not used either of these before so am unsure on the best way to use them for this board.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

yes - by default these probes aren't supported. It is possible that there is an existing eclipse plugin - but I'm not aware about it. 

Jiri 

0 Kudos

Poley
Contributor V

Hi @jiri_kral 

Thank you. Do you happen to know what the best budget friendly JTAG tool is available that would work with S32DS? I only need to flash the bootloader .rbf.

Or is it possible to convert .rbf to hex? 

Thanks again!

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

the .rbf file is normal s-record. For flashing .rbf file you can use PE Micro OpenSDA debug probe on your EVB. Create empty project for S32K148, open Debug Configurations and replace the .elf file by your .rbf file: 

jiri_kral_0-1627640675351.png

Jiri

0 Kudos

Poley
Contributor V

Hi @jiri_kral 

I am not using the EVB at the moment, just a S32K148 that has a JTAG 20 pin header. So I can't use OpenSDA unfortunately, needs to be JTAG.

Do you know what the cheapest debug prob that will work with S32DS is? As I said, I just need it to flash the bootloader onto the board. Both of the probes I have don't like .rbf files when I try to flash so I am stuck at the moment. Not sure if I am doing something wrong with the other probes but if there is a S32DS compatible one for a low price then I think that will just be easier.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

I see. Probably the cheapest way is using PE Micro Multilink APC - http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=15320180&productTab=2 

or Segger J-Link Lite - http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=15320180&productTab=2 

Anyway - did you tried rename the .rbf file to .srec? Some apps are checking only the file extension. 

Jiri

0 Kudos