C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\ccCfa3ox.s:3472: Error: selected processor does not support `bkpt #0' in ARM mo

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\ccCfa3ox.s:3472: Error: selected processor does not support `bkpt #0' in ARM mo

steven_zhang
Contributor V

when i tried to switch from debug to release , i found there was no release option in the configuration drop down menu. i creat one by "create new configuration" ,but there is no symbol define in the symbol window,and there is no include path in the include path window which cause some errors , i fixed the errors by anding "CPU_S32K116" ,"START_FROM_FLASH" and include paths. but there are many "selected processor does not support `bkpt #0' in ARM" erros while compiling.

the attachments are the details. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

the easiest way how to create Release version is copy Debug configuration as it is and remove debug info. Right click on project name -> Properties -> C/C++ Build -> Settings: 

pastedImage_1.png

In newly created configuration set debbug level to none: 

pastedImage_2.png

Jiri

0 Kudos

steven_zhang
Contributor V

hi jiri:

i followed your guide ,copying a  configruation from the debug and mask the debug information by select none , compiling is finish ,but the code size is the same as debug configuration.

steven

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

Code size (binary) will be same. Debug info is stored inside .elf file. With no debug info will be .elf file way smaller. Anyway - technically from MCU point of view - there is no difference between Debug and Release binary. You can also turn ON optimization - if you already didn't turned it ON and debug. 

Jiri 

0 Kudos