cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

useage condition of S12ZVL64 EEPROM

fanziyu
Contributor IV

Hi,I have a problem and need your help!

1:Is the voltage of eeprom operation(erase,write,read) the same as mcu reset voltage? Should i check voltage first then to operate eeprom?

2:What will happen if eeprom writed more than limited numbers?

3:MCU read eeprom fail when such waveform occurs on the mcu supply pin,what is the reason?

thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies

lama
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I'd like to suggest to go through Safety Manual. You can use as voltage thhreshold not only LVR but also LVI and do not start any E/W operation while the voltage is too low. You can also use higher BULK cap at VSUP.

Safety manual fo S12ZVZL can be get on https://community.nxp.com/t5/SafeAssure-Community/bd-p/safeassure if you have signed NDA.
(For NDA you can ask at our suppport pages support.nxp.com )

The flash module has its own machine which is responsible for correct E/W operation through entire operating voltage range.
If your operating voltage is in the required range then you can do operations on the flash.
The flash quality is defined by data retention and reliability. If you exceed number of E-W cycles then quality of the flash is not guaranteed and it can happen to newly written data:

- the period of data retention is not guaranteed
- the data could be incorrectly written ... CRC error
- incorrect erase (erase means write FFFF into a sector and the memory cell is not able to keep the voltage related to "erase" logic level)

There is a mechanizm of reporting single and double bit fault error. (interrupt) The reason is that the phrase which is read has not correct CRC which is always calculated and stred during write and always compared during read.

You have to ensure correct operating range of supply voltage for correct E/W operations. Otherwise, quality parameter for flash performance are not guaranteed.

Best regards,
Ladislav

0 Kudos

fanziyu
Contributor IV

0 Kudos