Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sreccvt-gui for S12VR48

simhyeongjun
Contributor II

Dears,

My customer use to MC9S12VR48 device.

She want to bootloader + application.

So my customer was download SrecCVT-GUI. But it doesn't support S12VR48 device.

How can I add device for SrecCVT-GUI?

What version support S12VR48 device?

Please advice this issue.

Best Regards,

ADAM

Labels (1)
5 Replies

RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Adam,

You could simply edit DeviceInfo.Dat file and add the line with S12VR. For example:

S12VR64,          8000,      BFFF, C,        4,        0400, 0600,  FF,            32,        s1218

Attached is my DeviceInfo.Dat file.

I suppose that you want use AN4258 Bootloader as a reference.

Do you need any help with that (like adding the new target for S12VR48 to S12 Bootloader project, …)?

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
Radek

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

simhyeongjun
Contributor II

Dear Radek,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried to your solution.

But I have some problem that the program appear messge below.

"S-Record Data Not in Specified Memory Map"

Please recommend why I got this messge.

Best Regards,

ADAM

0 Kudos

RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Adam,

Please check whether your SReCvt configuration is correct:

Input File Format-Banked, Output File Format-Linear, S-Record Size-32, Device-S12VR64, Memory-Flash, Operation-Convert File. Other check box remains empty.

Please check whether you selected correct input file. It should be s19 file directly generated by CW.

It works correctly on my side.

The next step:

If your s19 file contains reset vector, please delete this line from the converted s19 file. The reset vector is already maintained by bootloader application.

Example of line with reset vector from CW s19 file:

S105FFFEC02914

Example of line with reset vector from already converted s19 file:

S22403FFE0FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFC0292E

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
Radek

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

wangjiajie
Contributor III

Hellow,   I am using AN4258 example project to make bootloader for S12VR48,Can you give me some suggestions adding the new target for S12VR48?

0 Kudos

RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Wang,

1. Please create new empty project for S12VR48. We will use just *.ini file from this project. Please copy it to the Bootloader project folder with some meaningful name like S12VR48.ini.

2. Open Bootloader project (double click on Bootloader_S12.mcp file) and project window switch to the Targets tab.

3. Go to menu-Project-Create Target..

4. Add name like “S12VR48” and clone target for example from S12P64.

5. Double click on S12VR48 Target will open target settings.

6. Go to Build Extras settings and modify S12P64.ini path to the S12VR48.ini file.

7. For target selection, please click on red icon on left side of S12VR48 target.

That should be all necessary steps if I remember correctly.

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
Radek