s12zvca19 ADC and EEPROM Illegal Accesses?

取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 
已解决

s12zvca19 ADC and EEPROM Illegal Accesses?

跳至解决方案
766 次查看
s_kim1
Contributor III

Hello,
I am a developer developing with s12zvca19.

I would like to create a function that reads values into ADC with s12zvca and stores them in EEPROM.

But the datasheet 4.4.2 Illegal Accesses part worries me.

Screenshot_29.png

What I want to store in EEPROM is not the ADC value.
I want to store the InputCapture value.

For example, when the ADC value is 100, I want to save the Duty value to EEPROM as InputCapture.

Datasheet 4.4.2 Wouldn't that be a problem with Illegal Accesses?

If that's a problem, I'm thinking of an external EEPROM.

Answers I'll wait.

Best Regards, s_kim1

0 项奖励
1 解答
762 次查看
kef2
Senior Contributor IV

Hi

You shouldn't worry about illegal accesses.

Write access from CPU to EEPROM can't normally take place. EEPROM isn't writable directly. EEPROM is programmable using special procedures, which do write- and read- access EEPROM module registers but not write- accessing EEPROM memory directly. EEPROM module registers are in "Register space", which as you see is OK.

The same applies to ADC module. As you should know already, ADC module has kind of DMA. If you let ADC write to EEPROM memory directly you will get illegal access.

Regards

在原帖中查看解决方案

0 项奖励
1 回复
763 次查看
kef2
Senior Contributor IV

Hi

You shouldn't worry about illegal accesses.

Write access from CPU to EEPROM can't normally take place. EEPROM isn't writable directly. EEPROM is programmable using special procedures, which do write- and read- access EEPROM module registers but not write- accessing EEPROM memory directly. EEPROM module registers are in "Register space", which as you see is OK.

The same applies to ADC module. As you should know already, ADC module has kind of DMA. If you let ADC write to EEPROM memory directly you will get illegal access.

Regards

0 项奖励