"Device is secure. Erase to unsecure?" error message comes up when I try to program MM9Z1J638 with P&E's Multilink Universal. How can I reprogram MM9Z1638?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Device is secure. Erase to unsecure?" error message comes up when I try to program MM9Z1J638 with P&E's Multilink Universal. How can I reprogram MM9Z1638?

kadiruzun
Contributor III

Hello all,

I have a PCB board with MM9Z1638 on it. I was able to program it previously but something strange occured and I am no longer able to program it. Each time "it says device is secure. erase to unsecure?" When I click on yes, either this message pops up or a page with diffferent frequency options pops up. I really do not know how to fix. I looked for it on web pages, but no single solution that work is explained in details so I couldn't understand or apply existing solutions on web.

If I can receive your help, I will be glad.

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
6 Replies

Q_man
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I expect the reason is not a secured device. Can you check the following items:

1. The device uC is not power / in sleep mode. Check if the "TRGPWR" LED is on.Otherwise wakeup the device (e.g. LIN) or power down/on.

2. the analog die watchdog is causing interruptions during programming:

During programming ONLY -  disconnect the RESET <> RESET_A line (e.g on KT9Z1_638EVM DIP S1-1 to OFF or "filter" by connecting a 470nF capacitor between RESET line and GND (pin 2 and 4 on the 6pin standard connector).

The best way is to solder an adapter, which can be connected on demand:

adapter470nf.png

3. In general the programming tool sw (e.g. CodeWarrior 10 for MCU) should handle a secured device. There is also a UNSECURE12 tool available on the PEMicro website.

kadiruzun
Contributor III

Hi,

I checked MCU and it is power on. At first programming I have not used 470nF cap. later on it said that device is secure. At that point I realized that I need to put a 470nF cap, and I did that. Eventhough I put that capacitor, I cannot communicate with the board. Then I checked UNSECURE12, but I think it is not compatible with MM9Z1J638. There are only HC12 type MCUs on the list.

"Parallel Port 1 (and the others like 2,3,...):Not detected" status does not change even though multilink shows that I connected it to board.

Do you have any other solution? Or could you please explain me how I should apply all of these in more details?

Thank you for your consideration.

0 Kudos

RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kadir,

Please check S1 switch position.

There are two different settings for OSBDM and external debugger.

If you use OSBDM interface, please move switch 1 to the right side and switches 2, 3 and 4 to the left side.

KIT9Z1J638EVM-BDM settings.png

The D6 and D7 have to glow.

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
Radek

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

kadiruzun
Contributor III

Thank you for your recommendations and solution strategies. I have figured out that this message pops up since I forgot to disable analog watchdog. It resets Digital die, which causes this problem. After I tried again and again with a piece of code which disables analog watchdog, I handled this problem.

Sorry for late reply.

0 Kudos

tuozhou
Contributor II

Hi Kadir, 

I have the same problem with yours, and I want to know how can you try again and again with a piece of code, because I can't connect to the board and download the code.

0 Kudos

RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kadir,

You're welcome.

I am glad that the problem has been resolved.

Have a great day,
Radek

0 Kudos