您的意思是: 
已解决

question about SPI on MC9S12d64

跳至解决方案
655 次查看
thommes
Contributor III

Hello,

I am new to freescale and need help for a project at the university. My question is: Can i connect a RTC and a flash memory via SPI to the processor?
Normaly i would select the peripheral i need per chip select (SS by freescale, right?)? I am usind the "CardS12 modul" if it is important.
If there are any informations missing, please let me know.

thanks and regards,

Thomas 

标签 (1)
0 项奖励
1 解答
465 次查看
GordonD
Contributor IV

Thomas,

Yes, multiple SPI slave devices can be connected to a single SPI module configured as a master. You are correct in that you would need a separate slave select or chip select for each slave. Since the SPI module only has a single slave select (SS*) line, you will need to configure the SPI NOT to use the SS pin (i.e. SSOE = 0 in the SPICR1 register). This pin can then be used a GPIO, along with another GPIO pin, as salve select lines for the slave devices.

Regards,

Gordon

在原帖中查看解决方案

0 项奖励
3 回复数
466 次查看
GordonD
Contributor IV

Thomas,

Yes, multiple SPI slave devices can be connected to a single SPI module configured as a master. You are correct in that you would need a separate slave select or chip select for each slave. Since the SPI module only has a single slave select (SS*) line, you will need to configure the SPI NOT to use the SS pin (i.e. SSOE = 0 in the SPICR1 register). This pin can then be used a GPIO, along with another GPIO pin, as salve select lines for the slave devices.

Regards,

Gordon

0 项奖励
465 次查看
thommes
Contributor III

Hallo Gordon ,

thanks for your fast answer and just to get this right...

I do not use the original SlaveSelect-line but instead two GPIOs which "emulate" two SlaveSelect-lines?

Is there any information in manuals or datasheet which describes this functionality?

Regards,

Thomas

465 次查看
GordonD
Contributor IV

Thomas,

Any two GPIO pins can be used as "manual" slave select lines. My point was that when SSOE = 0 in the SPICR1 register, the SPI SS* pin is available as GPIO. As described in the Reference Manual, when  SSOE = 1 the SS* pin will be automatically be asserted and de-asserted for each 8-bit transfer. For most slave devices, this is not compatible with the device's command structure. So, the automatic control of SS* is not useful for most slave devices. In fact even with a single slave device on the SPI bus, the SS* line would have to be controlled 'manually' for most slave devices.

Regards,

Gordon