mc9s12xdt256  mscan module hardware error!  thanks for help!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mc9s12xdt256  mscan module hardware error!  thanks for help!

jeffzxg
Contributor I

hi everyone!

when i use mscan module of 9s12xdt256 to send out message, i found that my program is run ok on one PCB(PCB1), message can send out correctly, but on the other PCB(PCB2), the program failed, but the program is the same with two PCB.

i measured the voltage across the txd and rxd pin of XDT256 ON PCB2, I found out that no voltage changed, so i think there is something wrong with the hardware of xdt256 on PBC2.

my question is what can lead to the damage of the mscan module ? the attachments is my CAN interface circuits.

thanks for help!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Lundin
Senior Contributor IV

I've done lots of trouble-shooting on very similar CAN hardware, and in my experience, 9 out of 10 problems are related to poor soldering of the EMI filter. I'd start with a careful check on that.

It seems very unlikely that you would have damaged the MSCAN module itself, unless you had a major ESD shock applied directly to the MCU pins. Otherwise the CAN transceiver would be the one taking the blow, and those always come with transient protection, ESD protection, brown-out protection etc etc. Very robust chips, I have yet to see one damaged.

0 Kudos