can any one tell difference between static slot and dynamic slot in flexray protocol

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can any one tell difference between static slot and dynamic slot in flexray protocol

saurav99
Contributor I
hai all,
            can any one tell difference between static slot and dynamic slot in flexray protocol.how its functionality differs how it exactly functions.for a node how many slots we can configure at max.in a communication cycle we send some data in static slot but in next cc we should send same data or can we send new data in same static slots.can we configure or mix static slots and dynamic slots while creating flexray netowrk or should they be separated
what is use of bus guardian where it is exactly located what are its features.        
what is macrotick and microtick how they are measured in microseconds

where does protocol operation control unit is located in flexray

thanks in adavnce

please give me reply i am struck with aboe doubts even i referred several documents regarding flexray

bye
saurav99.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Alban
Senior Contributor II
Hello,

I would advise you to refer to the FlexRay protocol specification.
The questions asked are the very basics of Flexray and as this protocol is not open, you will not have a lot of people using it.

You have both Static and Dynamic slots.
The static slots gives a guarantee of service as the ID has some time RESERVED in the time frame.
On the dynamic part of the frame, the communication works a bit like CAN. Where messages will be transmitted depending on priority. Therefore a Best Effort service.

That is why security critical information can be transmitted on the fixed time frame, so the receiver is CERTAIN when the info is available and for other info, they can go on the dynamic slot.

The slot definition can be different on each A and B channels.

Cheers,
Alban.

0 Kudos

saurav99
Contributor I
hai sir,
          Thank you very much for your answer.I was using flexray protocol from past 4 months but still not clear on some basic things some i am doing blindly and  still some  doubts in mind troubling me and casuing inconvenience at very basic level.i referred  flexray protocol specifications 2.1 document many number of times but still not able to get the basics right .i posted this question because with your enormous and vast experience and understanding level u may answer my questions easily even u are new to it.are there any forums on flexray where we can post questions for answers in freescale or any others  please tell me.

u did not answer my question regarding  bus gaurdian and protocol operation control unit where they will be exactly located are both of them located on the chip or what is their functionality exactly.cc is recurring so can we send different data in different comunication cycles on the same static slots defined for two nodes.can we make a dynamic slot as static slot and vce versa.
these are previous questions only.expecting quick reply as i am struck here.

bye
saurav99
0 Kudos

Alban
Senior Contributor II
Hello,

There is no Forum dedicated on Flexray here.
For Flexray questions, the best is to enter a Service Request (see link below).

"u did not answer my question regarding  bus gaurdian and protocol operation (...)"

I don't know
On this Forum, even if you expect quick reply, you will get a reply IF someone can help you and WHEN he/she has decided to do so. There is no guarantee of service.

Regards,
Alban.
0 Kudos