Windows x64 with P&Es USB ML-12 Rev B.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows x64 with P&Es USB ML-12 Rev B.

RChapman
Contributor I
This message contains an entire topic ported from a separate forum. The original message and all replies are in this single message. We have seeded this new forum with selected information that we expect will be of value to you as you search for answers to your questions.

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:34 pm    

Hmm bought myself a new workhorse with and AMD64 3500+, 1 Gig Dual Channel 2-2-2-5 DDR, 300GB HD, and 16x DL DVD+-RW. Well it arrives with windows x64 and what do I know. Neither the latest P&E drivers nor the latest HCS12 codewarrior supports x64! I can't say I am too suprised I expected such but I was curious if anyone has found a way to get this to work? I am sure not many people have Win x64 yet so I may be on my own with this. I have posted message in both the P&E and metrowerks forum about the problem. Hopefully someone will report back when the next driver release will be. Anyhow if anyone knows a way to get it to work or incase anyone was planning on buying a new 64 bit PC to work on development I would hold off for a bit. BTW I am not talking about having a 64 bit processor ONLY if you are running Windows XP Professional x64 Edition would this apply to you. I have used other machines with Athlon 64s in them running standard XP professional and it is trouble free.

A side note...Win x64 is the fastest booting windows I have seen to date. That little blue rotating scroll thing barely gets past the first rotation and then my login screen appears... very cool Smile
Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:22 pm    

recieved this message:
Quote:

14 Jun 2005, 04:36 PM EST :
I have spoken with our driver development company (we use a third party for the
USB drivers) and at this point, there is no planned support for the win64
operating system.

This support may come in the future (beyond the 6 month horizon). I apologize...

Regards,

sooo if you were thinking about purchasing one of those sexy new 64 bit PCs with a 64 bit OS put if off for a bit if you use P&Es hardware

Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:33 pm    

Can you get it to run an emulator for 32bit windows. Laughing

Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:55 pm    

good question ill have to take a look but i doubt it. >=windows 2k uses a hardware abstraction layer. the device drivers need to be able to speak to that layer in whatever machine language it is running presently. granted x86-64 and x86 are closely related i think it would break the instant it started with 64bit vs 32bit instruction pointer addressing... Sad

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies