Will there be any change in code if we change from MC912D60AVPVE8 to MC9S12DP512CPVE

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will there be any change in code if we change from MC912D60AVPVE8 to MC9S12DP512CPVE

suhak
Contributor II

Will there be any change in code if we change from MC912D60AVPVE8 to MC9S12DP512CPVE? Will ddressing be the same or different. Can we replace MC9S12DP512CPVE without any change in code?

Tags (1)
4 Replies

lama
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I would like to suggest you to

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/engineering-bulletin/EB376.pdf

The device is from previous S12HC design DP512 S12S design .. newre technology and desig. Can be change in peripherals HW and setup as well as memory map. Standard set of S12 assembler instruction is compatible. However I sugest to check the code (setup of peripherals) peripheral by peripheral.

Note, both devices are really old. 20 years. S12 family used many new families and also the evolution of this family stopped.

Best regards,

Ladislav.

0 Kudos

suhak
Contributor II

Thank you very much for your reply! It helped a lot! So, can we also, MC9S12DT128MPVE with minimal HW routing & code changes? Both has same instruction set, I guess.

0 Kudos

suhak
Contributor II

Just found MC9S12DT128MPVE will be drop-in alternate with minor register level changes & is abteer part than cpu12 series. Please suggest if we can use this.

Tags (1)

lama
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

MC9S12DT128MPVE is a member of 9S12D family devices with the same design just differences in amount of peripheral and memory sizes.

As a proof you can look at the HW design of the attached board and manual.

Best regards,

Ladislav

0 Kudos