cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using S12Z in a space environment?

jlvern
Contributor I

Hello,

One of my client wishes to make several applications for nano-satellites (non-military).

I am very interested by MC9S12ZVC processors.

In the documentation "Why Ultra-Reliable Processors Matter", you talk about TID and SEL.

1) Do you have any documentation on the TID and SEL tests performed, and more generally on the effects of radiation on these microcontrollers?

2) Do you have any information about the variation of the supply current in function of the temperature?

3) Are there S12Z processors ITAR-free?

Best regards

Jean-Louis

Labels (1)
Tags (5)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jean-Louis

Please check my comments

A1) yes we have some information about the SER but this information is under NDA, because of this I can share it on the community.Can you please help me to submit new issues on the NXP web page on (Hardware & Software )

Sales and Support|NXP

Please add "assign to Vicente Gomez"

A2) The device must fulfill all the specification shows on the  data sheet​ for all the temperature range.

A3) "some members of the mc9s12zvc family are also offered for high temperature applications requiring AEC-Q100 Grade 0 (-40 C to + 150C ambient operation temperature range)." but no one has any militarily certification, but I do not know if it is ITAR-free

Regards

Vicente Gomez

http://cache.nxp.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/ref_manual/MC9S12ZVCRMV1.pdf?fpsp=1&WT_TYPE=Referenc...

0 Kudos