(S912ZVML31F1WKF)data retention and program/erase cycles of Flash and EEPROM.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(S912ZVML31F1WKF)data retention and program/erase cycles of Flash and EEPROM.

zhangzhiyong
Contributor III

Hi,

I want to know the data retention and  program/erase cycles of Flash and EEPROM of S912ZVML31F1WKF.

I checked the datasheet, but I couldn't find it(When the ambient temperature is 125 °C)。

pastedImage_1.png

I want to know,when the ambient temperature is 125 °C,the data retention and program/erase cycles of Flash and EEPROM(of 912ZVML31F1WKF)?

I looked up BE618 and EB619,but I don't understand.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

lama
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Your requirement leads to usage of the MCU on the boundary temperature parameters. You have mentioned ambient temperature 125 deg.C but the flash data retention is defined for junction temperature which is higher than ambient temperature. Additional heating is added from power loses in MCU (depends on current consumption and frequency) and Thermal Package Characteristics defined in the data sheet (plus type of PCB).

An attached excel sheet presents implementation of formula from EB618. You can see, in the sheet “Tstress is 85deg_20yrs”. Even I omit fact of additional heating (and say the ambient temperature is the same as junction (which is not true)) the theoretical data retention is 1.47 years. Considering additional heating (you should calculate) the data retention will by less.

In such temperature limiting applications refresh of the flash should be ensured by user. The minimum number of flash E/W cycles is guaranteed for entire temperature range and it is up to 10,000 cycles.

Best regards,

Ladislav

0 Kudos