S12ZVMC128 Overcurrent protection

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S12ZVMC128 Overcurrent protection

Contributor II

I use S12ZVMC128  and  I have some problems with the overcurrent protection. And I think it maybe the bug of this MCU.

I use the Current Amplifier 0  and Comparator 0 , and I set '0'  to the GOCA0  . when overcurrent condition come out , the highside MOS will turn off , and the lowside MOS will turn on .

the problem is that there is no deadtime insertion (4us) between  MOSFET swichs . and in normal condition ,there is deadtime insertion .

what can I do to resolve this problem ?

khumphri

Mandar‌Deactivated userdhavalRHinnenjimtrudeauMartinvladcenteaRChapman

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Xiang,

I forwarded your report to the responsible design engineer.

Unfortunately, he is now out of office and he should return next week.

I will keep you informed.

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
Radek

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Xiang,

The responsible designer engineer confirmed that deadtime insertion is not used between MOSFET swichs in the case of overcurrent protection emergency shut-down.

He will look at that topic (how to minimize the chance for FET transistor damaging) and answer as soon as possible.

I suppose, that the GOCA0=1 is not a possible/preferred/optimal solution for your application. Correct?

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
Radek

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos