Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S12ZVC Supply Voltage Measurement

Jump to solution
amit_dhand
Contributor III

Hello,

I am calculating Supply Voltage (12 volts ) through the ADC0 internal channel by enabling BATS module (which connects the VSUP with ADC channel).
MC9S12ZVCRM V1.2 Page 326 say that input Analog signal are unipolar and must be within the potential range of  VSSA to VDDA.

So accordingly

Supply Voltage - 12,000 mVolts

VSSA - 0,00 volts
VDDA - 5,000 mVolts

Using 12 bit resolution of the ADC, it should give result correctly but that is not the case it is not giving correct answers.

Am I measuring the Supply voltage correctly or need to step down the voltage or something else?

Thank you

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
1 Solution
RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Amit,

BATS already contain internal voltage divider. So, you must multiply measured value (in mV) by 9 for getting VSUP voltage.

According BATS Electrical Specifications in reference manual:

Pin Input Divider Ratio(2)

RatioVSUP = VSUP / VADC=9

Valid for 5.5V < VSUP < 29 V

2. VADC: Voltage accessible at the ADC input channel

Note: Accuracy of such measurement should be typically +/-2% (it is still without error of ADC conversion).

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
RadekS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Amit,

BATS already contain internal voltage divider. So, you must multiply measured value (in mV) by 9 for getting VSUP voltage.

According BATS Electrical Specifications in reference manual:

Pin Input Divider Ratio(2)

RatioVSUP = VSUP / VADC=9

Valid for 5.5V < VSUP < 29 V

2. VADC: Voltage accessible at the ADC input channel

Note: Accuracy of such measurement should be typically +/-2% (it is still without error of ADC conversion).

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
RadekS

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!