cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S12XEP100 RTI ISR Problems

alfredkronwinkl
Contributor I

Hello community,

i am trying to get the RTI to work on my S12XEP100. I am getting the clock from a 8 MHz crystal and i want to run the INT every 1ms. I am Using CodeWarrior IDE 5.9.0.

I read Datasheet and configured the RTI as followed:

void RTI_init(void)

{
RTICTL_RTDEC = 1;                     // Decimal or Binary Divider Select Bit (decimal based divider value)

//Divider = 8000 (RTI Time = 1ms)
RTICTL_RTR0 = 1;                      // Real Time Interrupt Modulus Counter Select Bit 0
RTICTL_RTR1 = 1;                      // Real Time Interrupt Modulus Counter Select Bit 1
RTICTL_RTR2 = 0;                      // Real Time Interrupt Modulus Counter Select Bit 2
RTICTL_RTR3 = 0;                      // Real Time Interrupt Modulus Counter Select Bit 3
RTICTL_RTR4 = 1;                      // Real Time Interrupt Prescale Rate Select Bit 4
RTICTL_RTR5 = 0;                      // Real Time Interrupt Prescale Rate Select Bit 5
RTICTL_RTR6 = 0;                      // Real Time Interrupt Prescale Rate Select Bit 6

CRGINT_RTIE = 1;                      // Real Time Interrupt Enable Bit

EnableInterrupts;

}

so far so good... now i am trying to create an ISR for the RTI but this where problems begin....

I have searched in S12x examples pack on NXP page how to create an ISR and found an example for creating an ISR for ADT0. Here is what i found:

//==============================================================================
// ATD0_ISR
//==============================================================================
#pragma CODE_SEG NON_BANKED
interrupt 22 void ATD0_ISR(void)
{
         //code
}
#pragma CODE_SEG DEFAULT

Now the question:

Where can i find the information how i have to change the ATD0_ISR code to get an RTI ISR?

Where can i find the information whitch Nuber i need? (for ADT0 this is 22 but what for RTI?)

Where can i find the information for the ISR Name i need? (for ADT0 this is ATD0_ISR but what for RTI?)

Thanx!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

lama
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please look into https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-329209

There is many examples to easy understand how it works:

Also I have attached a few I use in explanation....

For example:

interrupt 7 void RTI_ISR(void)

{

ARMCOP=0x55;      // kick the dog

ARMCOP=0xAA;

CRGFLG = 0x80;    // Clear the flag

PORTB=~PORTB;

}                        

#pragma CODE_SEG DEFAULT

If you go into Table 1-14. Interrupt Vector Locations then you can also use following approach which explains how to get interrupt number.

//====================================

interrupt ((0xFE-0xD2)/2) void ATD0_ISR(void)      // 0xD2 is an offset presented in the table for given interrupt

{

}

#pragma CODE_SEG DEFAULT

pastedImage_1.png

interrupt ((0xFE-0xF0)/2) void RTI_ISR(void)               // interrupt ((0xFE-0xF0)/2) the same as interrupt 7

{

}

#pragma CODE_SEG DEFAULT

interrupt ((0xFE-0xA2)/2) void can2Rx_ISR(void)

{

}

#pragma CODE_SEG DEFAULT

I would like also to direct you to an example XEP100-INT-INTERRUPTNUMBER-CW51

#define SET_CPU_PRIORITY(vec_adr, priority)       \

INT_CFADDR= (vec_adr) & 0xF0;                   \

INT_CFDATA_ARR[((vec_adr) & 0x0F) >> 1]= (priority)

#define PIT0                  0x7A          // vector address

Code:

SET_CPU_PRIORITY(PIT0, 1);      // set to HW priority and the lowest level

SET_CPU_PRIORITY(PIT0, 4);      // change HW priority level

pastedImage_2.png

Note, another example usinf TRAPPROC as definition of the interrupt together with interrupt function vector defined in the prm file (at the bottom of the file) can be seen in XEP100-INT-TRAPPROC-CW51

Which presents how to set interrupt priority level from 0 to 7. Let’s mention that level 0 disables interrupt even it is enabled in the control register of given peripheral.

The easiest way is to use vector table from the reference manual and use following principle:

If this does not answer your question(s), or I have forgotten something, or if you need more assistance, please contact me again.

1. This issue will auto close in 7 days upon no reply.

Best Regards, Ladislav

0 Kudos