MC9S12XHZ512 - SSD & curent control

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC9S12XHZ512 - SSD & curent control

sleeperkb
Contributor I

I am learning MC9S12XHZ512. Main purpose is dashboard. For smooth rotating of stepper motor I implemented microstepping mode. Now I want to measure current in motor coils. Can I use SSD for this? Please, give algotithm for current measure by SSD if it possible. Otherwise, another method for current control

Alban clarified subject

Message Edited by Alban on 2007-02-27 10:15 AM

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

sleeperkb
Contributor I
How to solve next ptoblem?
SSD works fine if pointer finds zero from anythere. But if pointer is already at null point, and i made step for detect zerro point, some jitter is seen. What reason of this? What algorithms to set pointer to zero without jitter?
0 Kudos

sleeperkb
Contributor I
Thank, Steve. I use SSD for stall detection and also read AN3330. I am novice and only suppose about not standart use of SSD. Now i am trying remove false RTZ events on some speeds.
0 Kudos

sleeperkb
Contributor I
I use PWM for microstepping. Current measure is necessary for 2 things:
1. Make current/time graphics for comparing real results with theory
2. If i can measure current in coil by controller, i think, that will helps increase precision.

P.S. For what purposes conversion mode of SSD?
0 Kudos

Steve
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
The SSD is primarily designed for return-to-zero operation. The coils would be driven by the SSD until they stall in the zero position and from then the user has the option of continuing to use the full-step drive of the SSD, a custom drive using the I/O pins or PWM drive using the MC module. AN3330 has more information and a simple example that uses the SSD.
0 Kudos

Steve
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
The SSD is designed to measure and integrate the induced voltage on the non-driven coil of a stepper motor using full steps so it's not active when you are microstepping (using the PWMs or directly driving the pins).
If you share your requirements for current measurement maybe some of our community may be able to make suggestions.
0 Kudos