MC9S12C128 - BDM control over RESET?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC9S12C128 - BDM control over RESET?

sweng88
Contributor I
I'm not sure if this question can be answered without intimate knowledge of our hardware circuitry, but I'll try anyway. 
I am flashing the chip using CodeWarrior 4.6 (i.e. Hiwave) via a P&E USB BDM device.  We have a watchdog circuit on the board that is connected to the RESET pin on the chip.  When software is running it toggles the watchdog circuit to prevent a reset.
Whenever I attempt to flash, hiwave stops execution of the running application on the device, and so the watchdog circuit eventually resets the device before we can transfer the entire code image.   This causes an error in hiwave, the hiwave app locks up, and the image transfer fails.
Is there any way the BDM interface can take control over the RESET pin to prevent a reset during flashing?    
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

JimDon
Senior Contributor III
Take control how?

Is sounds like your hardware is taking control, and resetting the board. What can the BDM do about that?

Is it a wire or, so you hardware will win.
You need a jumper on your circuit that gets removed for programming, or some other way of disabling the reset in this case.
0 Kudos

sweng88
Contributor I
That's pretty much what I assumed.  I was just checking to see if I was missing something.
Thanks.
0 Kudos