Looking for 48 pin version of 9S12C32

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for 48 pin version of 9S12C32

JohnnyP
Contributor III

Looking for 48 pin version of 9S12C32.  It looks like Mouser has stopped carrying them.  Lead times of 110 weeks. 

Suggestions on a substitute?  I'm using the 25MHz version: 

MC9S12C32CFAE25

Thanks for any information.

I may be able to redo the layout to squeeze in the 52 pin version, but would rather not.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

lama
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
0 Kudos

lama
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I am sorry but the availability of the devices is out of our responsibility. However, the lead times has really been in this period for majority of devices for a longer time yet. Market got crazy in last 2-3 years and similar situation is in other companies.

Unfortunately this device does not have possible substitution in 48 or 52 in package.

The only devices are from the same family S12C with higher flash or S12GC if you do not use CAN.

There are devices in 80 pin package which can be used from SW point of view but some redesign is then required.

Out of main topic regarding 80 pin package. The easiest answer if we try to find substitution for such type of package would be to use Softec Evaluation board which provides you devices from HW compatibility point of view. Of course, there could be some differences in peripheral set. It should be compared from your application point of view. I have attached the reference manual of the EVB which uses ZIF socket and all mentioned devices are able to work in it as compatible devices.

Best regards, Ladislav.

0 Kudos

JohnnyP
Contributor III

HI, sorry to bother you again, but I checked on ebay and there are a few listings of "MC9S12C64CFAE" with photos of the device.

Zooming in on the part number on the device, the last two digits are missing, which would show the speed option.

Has Freescale or NXP shipped any of these parts omitting the speed option identifier?

I have attached photos from two listings, and a reply from one of them, who sounds like a scammer.

0 Kudos

JohnnyP
Contributor III

The 48 pin 9S12C is still in production?

Yes, I've heard the phrase "chip shortage" in the automotive market for two years.

What is the problem?  No wafers?  Epoxy?  I remember hearing about a fire in an epoxy plant.

0 Kudos