LIN frame for MC9S12ZVML128_LIN_BLDC_Sensorless code

Jump to solution
itsnewforme
Contributor IV

Code Used : MC9S12ZVML128_LIN_BLDC_Sensorless code

LDF used : provided in the code itself.

1. I'm using CANoe to send data, image of which is attach below

itsnewforme_0-1660045331134.png

For this, I'm able to see LIN frame on DSO which I've mapped with the respective fields, refer the below image. This looks perfect on DSO.

itsnewforme_1-1660045447926.png

(For the above part the S12ZVML128 is not connected. I'm directly checking the frame on DSO using the DB9 pin Gnd and DB9 Pin Lin.)

2) Now, I'm using the code MC9S12ZVML128_LIN_BLDC_Sensorless in which I've hardcoded the value as follows

itsnewforme_3-1660045793047.png

I'm able to see the response of the highlighted part in CANoe, please refer the below image

itsnewforme_4-1660045910657.png

But, when I'm validating the Lin frame on DSO I'm getting extra bit other than start bit and stop bit in the frame, which I've marked with red in the below image.

itsnewforme_5-1660046035345.png

Now, my query is what are these extra bits in the frame and why are they coming. Please help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
namnguyenviet
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

These are inter-byte spaces, which should not be a problem.

Best Regards,

Nam

View solution in original post

8 Replies
itsnewforme
Contributor IV

Okay thanks @namnguyenviet  , but when I'm validating the Lin Frame from CANoe there are no extra bits ( or interbyte spaces as you said). These are coming only while validating the Lin frame from ECU response. Is there any reason for that ?

0 Kudos
namnguyenviet
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I would say the behavior could be from software implementation, since these inter-bytes might be results of interrupt latencies.

Best Regards,

Nam

itsnewforme
Contributor IV

Hii @namnguyenviet, It would be really great if you 

please help with any documents or application note where it is written or explained about from which section of code or which area it is added.

0 Kudos
namnguyenviet
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Unfortunately, we don't have such that document. If you have any issue with inter-byte, let me know. From my point of view, the inter-byte space is not a big deal as it's allowed in a Lin bus.

Best Regards,

Nam

itsnewforme
Contributor IV

Okay @namnguyenviet . We also don't have any issues with the interbyte space, as you mentioned that the interbyte space is allowed in Lin Bus. To justify the interbyte space we just need some evidence any particular section in code or document.

I was checking the two application notes provided with the code MC9S12ZVML128_LIN_BLDC_Sensorless. I've attached the application note. There isn't any topic related to interbyte space.

Also, I was going through the Lin spec document 2.2A. There also nothing is mentioned about it.

So, If you can help with the particular section in code or any extra document as evidence that will justify this, we will be really thankful to you.

0 Kudos
namnguyenviet
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The interbyte space, as my previous comment, depends on the interrupt latencies, whether the interrupt handler duration is long or short. It's application run-time dependencies, and as a result, I couldn't show you any piece of code/any document shows about interbyte space configuration.

According to our experts, the LIN interbyte space can be various, and there is no such requirement to limit the interbyte space (however, in case interbyte space is too long, then a timeout might be reported)

Best Regards,

Nam

itsnewforme
Contributor IV

thanks a ton :)) @namnguyenviet 

0 Kudos
namnguyenviet
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

These are inter-byte spaces, which should not be a problem.

Best Regards,

Nam