LFEBS12UB - I teach this in two courses for the past 10+ years.  I can't seem to order this board anymore - what is its status and will it continue to be supported?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LFEBS12UB - I teach this in two courses for the past 10+ years.  I can't seem to order this board anymore - what is its status and will it continue to be supported?

robertmost
Contributor I

I have used this board as an introductory to microprocessors as well as advanced embedded design with C.  It is a great board and my students have bought it for themselves using Codewarrior software.

I am troubled by the fact that it seems that it shows 0 stock and unknown lead time, which has thrown a monkeywrench into my teaching this fall.  I am going to teach another class with it next winter and I am wondering what to do.

Since there is no way to call anyone at Freescale anymore, and NXP doesn't have a direct line for university programs, I'm wondering if its time to move to another board with better support.

Please help.

Professor Robert Most

Ferris State University

robertmost@ferris.edu

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

iggi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Robert,

As per the webpage, the product is still active. I've checked the distributor stock and it shows 7 boards are available in Europe at Farnell (+44 (0) 8447 11 11 11;  sales@farnell.co.uk) and 4 boards in China at Element14 (Call Centre Hot Line: +86 800 820 5279;  sz-sales@element14.com)

Above is for the student boards (bundle). There are much more instruction boards available which are actually the same student boards with additional tools and so the price is much higher.

How many boards do you need for the class?

Interesting is that there is no Buy Direct option on the LFEBS12UB student board product page.

And i am really not sure about the leadtime if you would order the boards at distributor. Probably it would take couple of months. You can contact the distributor and ask.

Regards,

iggi

0 Kudos